Monday, February 13, 2023

It Just Went Too Quickly!

I don't want to get ahead of myself - but next week is a holiday and I can't wait to sleep in, ha-ha! I know, I know... that has nothing to do with this week, but here we are! I will probably use the day off to do our taxes, but at least I can wear soft pants while I'm doing them - right?

Lest I get ahead of myself - this past weekend absolutely flew by and I can't believe we are on Monday once again! And my weekend even started early on Friday but still, the weekend is never long enough!

 

My boss gave us an afternoon surprise on Friday - he closed the office at noon on Friday and sent us for lunch at Texas Roadhouse and to get pedicures! Friday was a beautiful day and in between our lunch and our pedicures, we also got ourselves some delicious Starbucks coffee to sip while we were pampered. It was really nice to just be chill on Friday afternoon and be home shortly after 3:00.

We stayed at my parent's house this weekend while we were attending a marriage conference at our church - and so we were given clues to follow to find our Valentine's Day gift from my parents. We wandered from one end of the house to the other before finding a bucket filled with chocolate and gift cards to some of our favorite spots! We are very lucky and blessed indeed!

After a quick dinner at Arby's - we headed to our church for the XO Marriage Conference, where we took in wisdom and the word from several speakers. The conference was on Friday night and most of Saturday morning and was filled with tons of wonderful encouragement, advice and Godly instruction on how to make our marriage a priority.

We ended up eating a late lunch and then both falling asleep while watching Yellowstone One-Fifty - after our sneaky little naps, we did get outside and get some exercise in! We took advantage of the proximity and headed to the VA State Arboretum to get in some steps and some sunshine, since the weather was unseasonably warm on Friday and Saturday of this weekend!

We always have to find the bamboo when we are at the Arboretum and this time was no exception. I actually have a stalk (a branch) of bamboo in the backseat of my car right now, ha-ha! We enjoyed our Saturday night with a movie night: we had some Chicken and Sausage Jambalaya and finally watched Wakanda Forever, which we both really enjoyed!


Sunday morning it seemed like Mother Nature remembered it was February and the skies clouded over and the chill returned to the air! After church, we made a quick Costco run and then headed to a surprise party for Ryan's boss! We surprised him - and then enjoyed some delicious crab dip, wings, veggies, fruit and some sweet treats too: cupcakes and chocolate dipped fruit! While we were in the party, it started doing some kind of crazy combination of rain, snow and sleet - boooo! 



We headed home and did our week in review and got ready for the week ahead. We had some Super Bowl foods for dinner: pizza, wings and Rotel dip! We actually only watched the first half of the game - I chose to cheer for the Chiefs and Ryan went with the Eagles - we see how that turned out, right? 

It was a good weekend - it simply went a little too quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment