Monday, June 27, 2022

Three Day Weekend Blur

Well. That three-day weekend passed in a blur! I think three-day weekend that are started on a Friday don’t ever seem to last quite as long as a three-day weekend that incorporates a Monday! Can anyone explain to me how time works so strangely? Any who – it’s the last Monday in June, the three-day weekend has come to a close and it’s back to business as usual!


My future in-laws arrived on Thursday evening shortly after dinner and so we visited with them – and the most awesome Maggie – the best Bernese Mountain dog ever, for a little while before calling it a night. Ryan and I had both gotten very little sleep on Wednesday night and so we were all too happy to see the bed! Ryan had to be up and at work by 7 but thankfully I was able to sleep in a bit because I was off on Friday. My Mom, my mother-in-law and I went to Charlottesville to have some brunch and check out my wedding dress and see if it needed additional alterations! 

We had our brunch at First Watch and I had a pretty delicious drink called a Watermelon Refresher that was watermelon, pineapple, lime and mint – it was divine and went perfectly with my delectable granola bowl and blueberry muffin! Afterwards, we popped into a couple small shops and then headed to the alterations shop! Long story short – the previous alterations look amazing, and my dress is still my favorite, but the first set of alterations meant that some additional alterations needed to be made. So I hugged my dress and made an appointment to return for it.



Once we made the ride home, we spent time together grilling on my parent’s back deck, spending time together and Ryan and I were gifted the most stunning cornhole boards I’ve ever seen! Doc (my MIL’s BF) made the boards and my MIL painted them and they are truly stunning! That fenced in backyard is looking better and better with all the awesome outdoor items we’ve been gifted in recent weeks – and at our shower this weekend! We had kebabs, baked potatoes, salad and bread, with a gorgeous fruit tart for dessert – my Momma is a wonderful host, to be sure!



Saturday morning, I learned the art of making French Toast and whipped some up for breakfast and then we had a little bit of a surprise – the RV that the in-laws came in was having some troubles and so Ryan and Doc ended up running it to Ryan’s work for some maintenance checks. Ms. Marilyn and I stayed at the house, got ready for the wedding shower and then shortly before 1:00, they returned and we all headed for the shower and a wonderful afternoon!


I have plenty of photos from the shower – but I’ll share them on a Wedding Wednesday post! After the shower, some of our dear friends the Manley’s came by the house to visit with my Mom and I for a few hours. We’d not seen each other for months and so it was really nice to catch up with them! After they headed home, my Mom and I had ice cream for dinner and went through all the wedding gifts before calling it a night!

Sunday was church – my Mom stepped into the nursery with me so Ryan could attend church with his Mom and Doc. We had five little nuggets but thankfully they were all really sweet and well behaved! After church we had Mexican food for lunch in Woodstock and hung out at Ryan and I’s house for the afternoon. I must confess I was having a less than stellar day, so I took a nap for part of the afternoon and was a little moody while learning a new card game. *sigh* After heading home for the evening, I took a nice bath and just relaxed and was feeling much better by the time I crawled into bed!

I’m telling y’all… that weekend passed so quickly! June has passed so quickly too – I can’t believe we are this close to July! It’s crazy! Time is definitely flying!

No comments:

Post a Comment