Friday, June 17, 2022

Friday Favorites

It’s Friday – praise the Lord! And you know what, it’s the Friday of a three-day weekend! Juneteenth was made a Federal Holiday last year and so I have Monday off work. I also have next Friday off work, but I’ll get to that later on in this post, ha-ha. For now, I’m just glad it’s finally Friday.


One. The Three-Day Weekend Thing – I’ve managed to finagle my work schedule so that I have two three-day weekends in a row… then a full week of work before I have a third three-day weekend. How did I manage that you might ask? Planning, ha-ha! Okay, not really that much planning and more luck! My office is closed on Monday, June 20th in celebration of the newly created Federal holiday of Juneteenth. So that gives me the first three-day weekend!

I’m off work on next Friday because I have to pick up my wedding dress from the seamstress and my future in-laws will be in town. So that secures me a second three-day weekend! And then, after a full work week it will be July and will also be the weekend of July Fourth! So – another three-day weekend. Hallelujah for holidays and patriotic celebrations!

Two. Ryan Zimmerman Weekend – I’m finally going to a Nationals game! Yahooooo! I haven’t been to a single game so far this year but when I found out there were retiring Ryan Zimmerman’s number in honor of his retirement on Saturday, June 18th – I wanted to go for sure! I thought to check for tickets last week and there were some left in a perfect spot and so after chatting with Ryan about it, I snapped them up! Several of the former players will be in attendance and honestly – Zim is Mr. National – so I’m thrilled I get to attend this game!

Now – will the Nationals win? Who knows? This season has been one of their worst and definitely one of the worst they’ve had in the last few years… they’re at the bottom of the heap in the National League East and not climbing very fast, but you know what? A true fan sticks with a team through ups and downs. So – a Nationals fan I will always be!

Three. Chicken Bubble Biscuit Bake Casserole – Well, I tried a new recipe. Y’all know that any recipe that you find on Pinterest always has the potential to be a hit or miss and this one was: I guess a hit?


Ryan ate two helping of it and declared it one of the best things I've ever made - so that was promising. I still think I need to finesse it a little bit before I share the recipe. I want to make some tweaks to it, but then it should be good to!

****************************************************

Man I'm glad the weekend is here - aren't you? Y'all have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment