Monday, April 26, 2021

All in Bloom

The weekend was lovely - truly, it was. I didn't have any plans but somehow the weekend turned out pretty delightful. Friday night I had dinner with my family and spent some time chatting with my boyfriend on the phone... but I also ended up going to sleep pretty early because the one side effect I seemed to feel from my COVID vaccine was feeling pretty worn out by the end of the day Friday! 

The forecast for Saturday was rain - but the sunshine was out early in the day and so I decided I wanted to find a way to get outside while the sun was shining! My Mom and I popped over to the Virginia State Arboretum for about an hour, taking in the flowers in bloom and letting Watson enjoy being in nature. We stopped by a church in nearby Millwood and then grabbed some treats at the Mt. Airy Farm Store before heading home for the rest of the day. 





I was able to finish up reading The Four Winds on Saturday afternoon and around 5:00 the rain rolled into town and it poured for the rest of the evening. The rest of the evening was pretty low-key with dinner, some television and just relaxing - which makes for a lovely Saturday!




Sunday morning the rain was gone, the sky was blue and the weather was even just a bit warmer! My Mom and I had nursery at church and then we attended the Vision Meeting and had lunch at church after... once we got home from church it was already about 2:00 but we knew we wanted to get outside and so we made our way over to the Museum of the Shenandoah Valley.








The Museum had an exhibit of Normal Rockwell paintings and they were interesting to peruse but I really enjoyed exploring the gardens at the Glen Burnie House because everything is in bloom right now and it was absolutely magical. We were in the gardens until they notified us that they were closing the gates at 5:00 - and so of course, I took a million pictures! How could I not when everything looks so beautiful?!?








We had Zaxby's for dinner, watched the season finale of Home Town and I got ready for the four day work week ahead before closing out my Sunday chatting with the best man I know. It was such a good weekend and I so enjoyed being able to spend so much time out in nature, watching the world come alive again after Winter! 

1 comment: