Friday, April 24, 2020

Five on Friday

Y'all - it's the final Friday of April! There are days when I look at the calendar and cannot believe that the end of April is right around the corner and other days I feel like this month has lasted forever. Am I the only person that feels this way? Probably not...


One. Planning for the Future - Living with hope that later in this year there can be all manner of making up for lost time, I signed up to go with my church ladies group to the Word Alive Conference in Leesburg in late October. I've sent off the monies and so now all I can do is pray that by the time Autumn rolls around, doing things like attending a women's conference will be socially acceptable!

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1ZW9u9nxccVkYzUvQfABkomUAVi03OaGM

Are you already planning activities for the future? I hope that by the time Summer rolls around (we'll say mid-June) things will be a little bit back to normal! 

Two. Quarantine Baking - I finally fell prey to some quarantine baking this week and since the recipe turned out so deliciously, I decided to share it here in case you also find yourself succumbing to the urge to bake all the things! I made Cinnamon Cream Cheese Cookies - they're a little like Snickerdoodles! They taste like little creamy, cinnamon-y pillows!

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=17NEgRPk1K5RULM9T1k6DnNViNJ97vvix

1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick; softened)
4 ounces cream cheese (softened)
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
pinch kosher salt
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1p1y9QbTKnDCpEWFuX3dzZ0x2dGSwE3iG https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1MSTP3Ygxf4qgyfvp0WiIS-VVZ1VrQTGF

In a large bowl, cream together the butter and cream cheese until smooth. Slowly add the powdered sugar until combined. Add the egg, baking powder, vanilla and salt. Mix to combine. Add flour in slowly until fully incorporated, scraping the sides as needed. Place the dough in the fridge to rest for one hour.

Preheat the over to 375. In a small bowl, mix together the cinnamon and sugar and set aside.

Roll the rested dough in small balls (about 2 teaspoons worth) and then roll in the cinnamon sugar mixture until thoroughly coated. Place on a parchment lined cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.

Bake for 8-9 minutes, until just set. Do not overbake! The cookies will puff up but will not turn golden brown. Let cool on the baking sheet for about 10 minutes and enjoy!

Three. Making the Most of Masks - About a week ago when the realization that wearing a face mask whenever in public was going to essentially become rule of law, I reached out to a woman on Twitter who was making face masks in delightful Washington Nationals patterns and grabbed three for my family! They arrived this week and I must say - if we have to wear masks when we go out, at least we can support our Nationals! 

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1GJUkaD0dRuWgak4QYP8_2GSpiTdZyLXf

It's a whole new world we are living in - sometimes I am a little mind blown by how much things have changed in just six short weeks.

Four. Rainy Weekend - This is essentially my view today and it will probably look like this for most of the weekend. The rain rolled into town yesterday afternoon and it looks like it will stick around for the majority of the weekend. I don't know how other people feel - but for me, the presence of rain makes the days indoors seem even longer...


Rainy Day Rain GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

I think that feeling mostly has to do with not having the option to go outside and stroll around the neighborhood or sit on the back deck in the sunshine to read - if the urge so possessed me. Perhaps the weather will move through more quickly than expected and there might be sunshine this weekend...

Five. Online Shopping Strikes Again - I promise, I have been avoiding the online shopping and trying to save my money... but this t-shirt just got me today and I couldn't resist. I got a long sleeve t-shirt instead of short sleeve and mine is bright yellow, but the sentiment is just too true.


I purchased a pair of pants and a top from Loft last week - the pants were 70% off and the top was 50% off, so I didn't feel too badly about spending that money. Now I just hope this shelter in place is over soon enough that I can wear them out to see actual people! 

******************************************

Enjoy the last weekend of April - even if your weekend is shaping up to involve rain and staying indoors! Who knows, one day you might look back on all this endless time and wish you had some of it back. I think; for me, that one day will be a long time from now - but hey, it could happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment