Thursday, April 9, 2020

A Thursday Quartet

Things I'm Loving Thursday: Food - be nourished

One. Facts - I listen to a Washington Nationals podcast and they dropped some knowledge on this week's episode: this is the first April without baseball since the year 1883! Chester A. Arthur was the President during this time - if you were wondering. Also - I miss baseball. 


I suppose in an effort to miss baseball just a little less, I ordered the above game from Uncommon Goods! It allows you to "play" baseball with the roll of a die and the game board is so beautifully made! 

Two. Three Day Weekend - Let me just tell you that I don't really know what to do with a three day weekend at this point, ha-ha! I'm mostly excited about sleeping in tomorrow morning... As I've gotten older I've discovered that I usually can't sleep past 7:30 or 8 on the weekends - I guess I feel like I only have so much weekend? However, when there is quite literally NOTHING to do - I can sleep in like a champ! 

Happy Labor Day Weekend! 3 day weekend quotes. | Weekend quotes ...

I would share weekend plans but I honestly don't know what they will be...besides sleeping in! Sunday is Easter and my family does have a lovely Easter Brunch pick-up scheduled for a nearby restaurant called Regions 117 and the spread sounds delicious! I am trying to convince my family to put on nice clothes to go pick up the meal and take some pictures by the lake while we're at it - just to feel human again for a little while. We shall see...

Three. Healthy(ish) Snack - I've been on Weight Watchers for three months now and so there have been times when I've had to get crafty with what I wanted for a snack - often by the end of the day I only have 3-5 points left and that involves some planning! Wednesday night I tried a Pintrest recipe that wasn't a fail and I thought I'd share!


You'll need one banana, 2 tbsp. of chocolate chips and 1 tsp. of PB Powdered Peanut Butter. Slice the banana up and sprinkle the PB powder and chocolate chips on top of the sliced banana, cook at 400 for 10 minutes and devour. It's really tasty and by my calculations only has 4 WW points! Winning! 

Four. He's Such a Cutie - I snapped this picture of Watson while we were out on a walk after a particularly stressful work day on Tuesday. Watson just happened to look back at just the right time and I got his "smiling" face.


He may be a little old man but he's still a very happy go lucky little fellow and especially loves taking long walks in the sunshine! He's the best! 

**********************************************

This has essentially been a "Four on Thursday" post but it didn't have quite the same ring as "Five on Friday" - so there's that, ha-ha! Y'all enjoy your three day weekend - if you get one! It seems pretty similar to all the other days sometimes... doesn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment