Friday, April 17, 2020

Five on Friday


One. Changes - I started Weight Watchers the second week of January and I'm not sure why I thought it would be really challenging because all in all, it's been pretty easy. As of the start of the April, I've lost 29 pounds and I'm really pleased about that. I finally did a side by side at the start of this week and was sort of mind-boggled at the difference a couple months can make.


I will confess that on Wednesday the Easter candy got the better of me and I ate more of that than I should have... *sigh* but I'm back at it and plan to keep on going! 

Two. Conference Calls - I've become more accustomed to working from home... I think this is the fourth week, so I guess that means I've been doing this for almost a month now. Some of the anxiety that came along with it has died down and I'm wondering when the novelty of it will all wear off too.


One thing that's not wearing off is being able to have conference calls while sitting in my floor with my sweet little old man puppy dog relaxing at my feet. 

Three. Zoom - Speaking of conference calls, I finally learned the joy of using Zoom this week! My women's Bible study had a little meet up on Wednesday night and while it took me a minute to get it sorted out, I finally got things all pulled up and was able to chat with some of my favorite ladies for about 45 minutes! 



Another amazing Zoom related thing that happened - the Washington Nationals held a Facebook Live on Tuesday night and re-watched Game Seven of the World Series together, with commentary, jokes and quite a bit of booze. It was hilarious and I especially enjoyed when they made fun of the Astros (those cheaters...). The whole thing was for a good cause; the re-watch raised over $200,000 for Pros for Heroes - to help healthcare workers!

Four. Yes Please - I'm trying to curb my impulse to shop online and just save money during this time where there is nothing to do and nowhere to go... it's not like I could wear any of the cute clothes that I'd buy anywhere. *sigh* However, this t-shirt caught my eye and absolutely tickled me.


It's looking more and more like there might be no baseball this season at all and that just breaks my heart. I know it's all for the best (I suppose) but I think I'll need this t-shirt to survive it all....

Five. Weekend Plans - I don't know why I keep including this every week! I don't have any weekend plans because there isn't really anywhere I can go (National parks are closed, State parks are closed, the State Arboretum is closed...) and there isn't really anything to do if it doesn't involve being inside. I may go stir crazy this weekend because it's supposed to rain all weekend.

Best Coronavirus Memes to Keep You Laughing Through Quarantine ...

I can't find any quarantine memes that aren't about killing people...killing one another...killing oneself... and I'm not posting that nonsense. Sure, we might all go stir crazy but let's not joke about killing. No thanks.

***************************************************

Well - here we are in the middle of April and it looks like this whole working from home business will just keep on going. I certainly wish there was an end in sight but for now, it's just a holding pattern. Y'all be safe this weekend and don't get too crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment