Friday, September 27, 2019

Five on Friday

It is the last weekend of September and I absolutely feel like this month has sped by in the blink of an eye! Granted; I think I'm starting to feel like each subsequent month (and year), speed by even faster than the first. Five things I'm thinking about on this final Friday in September....


One. Let's Get Wild - My Washington Nationals clinched a spot in the NL Wild Card game on Tuesday night and there were celebrations all around. Mid-May the Nationals were 19-31 and had something like a 3% change of making it to the post-season... and on Tuesday night, they beat the Phillies and will be playing the Wild Card game on Tuesday, October 1st. Do they still have a long way to go? Sure! But you can't say they haven't stayed in the fight!


Two. Autumn Things - I'm not sure what all I'll be doing on this final weekend in September but tomorrow I'm going to the Rusty Nail Winery for some wine and pumpkin(s)! I'm joining my friends Danielle and Meridith to make a chalk paint pumpkin decoration and likely sip some wine in the process... I also think I'll go check in on the Gingko trees at the Arboretum - they might be starting to turn that perfect golden yellow! 

Image may contain: text

Three. Impulse Decisions - Wednesday was sort of a wild day! I woke up and thought about cutting my hair... and then around 10 AM I called my hairdresser and she just happened to have an opening... so I went through with it and chopped off about two inches of my hair! I cannot lie - when I updated my iPhone and created my Memoji - I gave it the hairstyle that most matched mine. I thought I needed a few inches taken off to truly match, and so I did just that! And I kind of love it!


Four. Chicken Enchilada Soup - I made some really delicious and crazy easy Chicken Enchilada soup for dinner last night and it was both easy and crazy good! Shall I share the recipe? I shall!

What You Need
  • 1 (10 ounce) can of red enchilada sauce
  • 1 (14.5 ounce) can of Rotel
  • 1 (15 ounce) can of chili beans; drained
  • 1 (15 ounce) can of black beans; drained
  • 1 (15 ounce) can of corn; drained
  • 2 cans of white meat chicken; drained
  • 2 cups of chicken stock/chicken broth
  • 1 (8 ounce) package of cream cheese; softened
  • 1/2 teaspoon cumin
  • 3/4 teaspoon paprika
  • 1 teaspoon season salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder

I'm not even kidding - you literally throw everything in the soup pot, bring it to a boil and then turn the heat to low and simmer for about 15 minutes. It is so delicious and seriously - it can't get much easier than that!


Five. Friday Funnies - Last but not least, a couple funny things that made me giggle this week. Two of them inspired by the Emmy's last weekend... and then... one that is just too funny! Ha!




And that's all I've got for this final Friday of September! I hope everyone has a wonderful Autumn weekend and is looking forward to October! 

No comments:

Post a Comment