Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Emmy Fashions (or Mostly Game of Thrones fashions)

Y'all know I love to share all the fabulous dresses that caught my eye at awards shows and while the actual Emmy broadcast was pretty much a complete snooze fest - there were several absolutely fabulous dresses that caught my eye for all the right reasons and a few that made me cringe. Of course - I am in no way some sort of fashion forward know it all - these are just my personal favorites!

Yes Please.

Wearing Valentino.
Emilia Clarke - Valentino
Wearing Gucci.
Gwendoline Christie - Gucci
Wearing Brock Collection.
Lena Headey - Brock Collection
Wearing Monique Lhullier.
Phoebe Waller-Bridge in Monique Lhullier
Wearing Elie Saab.
Rachel Brosnahan in Elie Saab
71st Emmy Awards - Arrivals
Emily Hampshire in J. Mendel
Why yes - the first three women are from Game of Thrones - you are correct. Emilia Clarke looked absolutely stunning...that dress and those earrings are fabulous. Gwendoline Christie's Gucci look was custom made for her (of course it was) and I feel like you probably have to be a 6+ foot tall goddess of a woman to pull something like that off. I love Lena Headey's dress too - the color and the florals work so well for her. Love my Game of Thrones ladies!

Have you watched Fleabag? I just watched both seasons last month and while the first season is just so-so, I did love the second season! Phoebe Waller-Bridge's dress is like a floaty dream or something.. it feels like something I'd pick out. I also love Rachel Brosnahan's metallic dress; it looks like molten platinum... and lastly, Emily Hampshire's red dress is just phenomenal. It is definitely the most like something I'd chose for myself and she looks stunning.

My Men(s)

Wearing DolceGabbana.
Nikolaj Coster-Waldau
Kit Harington
Yep. I just loved the Game of Thrones men. Nikolaj looked flashy and fabulous, while Kit looked traditional, dapper and downright gorgeous. Sure - there were other attractive men there, but I feel perfectly justified in only highlighting "my mens" from Thrones.

Nope.

James van der Beek
Wearing Gucci.
Zoe Kazan
What even are both of those options? I cannot even with that weird burnt peach fuzz blazer and no one needs that many bows or bows that large. Yikes!

Image result for game of thrones cast emmys 2019

I leave you with the nominated cast members of Game of Thrones - I also liked what Maisie had on but I could take or leave Sophie and Carice's dresses... and Peter Dinklage and Alfie looked fine as well. I'm glad they won Best Drama... and I'm also glad they did NOT win best writing or directing, because that final season was a hot mess. The actors deserve to be awarded for acting the devil out of terrible writing - but let's not actually award the terrible writing anything. Hehehe...

No comments:

Post a Comment