Monday, September 30, 2019

Adios September

Well. The weekend is over and today has been such a Monday. I woke up with a headache that blossomed into full blown nausea and left me sitting in the floor of the office bathroom for a little while thinking I was going to be sick. Combine that with miscues and miscommunications from clients and the gray and gloomy rain - it's been a day. 

However - the focus of this post is the weekend. I got off work on Friday around 3:00 and ended up going home and doing a whole lot of nothing. I watched the movie Book Club, a couple episodes of The Americans and walked around the neighborhood with the pup a couple times before getting into bed to read. It was a very lazy Friday night and it was a really nice way to spend the evening...

Saturday mornings on the deck...
Autumn leaves!
Saturday morning I woke up and had coffee out on the deck with my sweet pup and then got myself together and headed over to West Virginia to meet up with my friends Danielle and Meridith for a wine tasting and pumpkin painting at a winery in WV! And what a winery it was - certainly unique and different - to say the least. The little building was located in the couple's backyard with a horse pen right next to the building... and a Port a Potty to the left... which was later confirmed to be the "restroom". The wines had unique names (one was called Banana Hammock) and delicious tastes - even if the winery itself was a little... different.


After our samples (I had Banana Hammock, Vine Diesel & Devil's Punchbowl) we sat down to work on our chalk pumpkin craft under the guidance of the Chalk Couture consultant Charlotte - it was fun, easy and I ended up with two really cute pumpkins to add to my Autumn decorations! I will admit that I had to re-do my Hocus Pocus tab three times before I got the hang of it - ha-ha!

It's craft time!
The finished product!
 After decorating pumpkins and sampling wine paired with macarons, we decided that since none of us had eaten much for breakfast - getting lunch was probably the best idea. We cruised over the Shepherdstown, WV and had lunch at The Bavarian Inn - which is fabulous and usually quite fancy, but you can eat there for lunch without needing "proper attire". I had some of the most divine French Onion Soup and a club sandwich while we watched the staff putter around putting together the finery for an evening wedding at the Inn. We made a final stop at Black Dog Coffee and I grabbed something called a "chili dog" - iced coffee with peanut butter, butterscotch and toffee syrups added in. It was delicious!

Yes please - divine!
Once I got home, I spent a good bit of time relaxing on the back deck and reading while Watson snacked on his pup treat and lazed in the sunshine; I also watched my Nationals play baseball. I had delicious red beans and rice for dinner and took a really nice bubble bath before watching some more episodes of The Americans and getting some shut eye.

This tastes pretty good to me!
Blanket hog!
After coffee, church and a quick lunch I took Watson over to the Virginia Arboretum to see how the leaves were coming along - and the answer is: they really aren't. It was HOT on Sunday and everything just had a slightly scorched look to it... and there was no gentle breeze while walking around: it was just really hot and unpleasant. We didn't stay too long...

Where we headed? I'll drive!
This picture just looks hot to me....
I spent the rest of the afternoon doing some house things (laundry, organizing, etc...) and watching the Nationals final game of the regular season - they won. I had dinner, took a nice bath and after watching an episode of The Americans, I curled up on the couch to watch Poldark on PBS and then I crashed into bed... where I flipped and flopped. *sigh*

Living on the edge.
So - that was the final weekend of September. And I don't know about you but I am ready for this Monday to be about done. *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment