Sunday, August 23, 2015

Sunday Dinner - Cajun Sausage Pasta

Sunday Dinner...y'all, I looked up and I'd accidentally typed Sunday Sinner and that's a whole different blog post that I am not even going to touch... So, moving right along...

This wasn't actually our Sunday dinner (or our lunch)...we didn't even eat it on Sunday, but it sure was delicious and I'll be adding it to the recipe box to make again and again.

You only need 5 ingredients...& a skillet...
You Need
-14 ounces turkey sausage
-12 ounces pasta of your choice
-1 pint heavy cream
-1 tbsp. Cajun seasoning
-1/2 cup Parmesan cheese

Sausage...noodles...heavy cream...Cajun seasoning....Parmesan cheese

You know things were starting to smell good at this point....
What You Need to Do

-Cook the pasta; drain and set aside.

-Cook the sliced sausage over medium heat; about 4-5 minutes until it's starting to brown. Add in the cream and Cajun seasoning. Mix well. Lower heat and simmer 4-5 minutes until the sauce begins to thicken.

-Remove the sauce from heat, stir in Parmesan cheese.

-Toss pasta with sauce and serve!

Spicing things up!
Now - if that's not one of the easiest things I've ever cooked, I don't know what is! It's also crazy delicious and filling. I will admit I've never used turkey sausage before and I wasn't sure how I'd like it but I thought it was absolutely delicious and I think I'll be using it more frequently from now on. It was so tasty and I've heard it's better for you, ha-ha!

The (delicious) finished product!
I found this recipe on Plain Chicken - and while I sometimes change things up a little bit, I made this one down to the letter. So glad I did, it was great! Until next time, go cook something for Sunday dinner! 

No comments:

Post a Comment