Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Passing Time...

Twenty Questions....also known as a way to pass the time when things are slow. And my brain hurts. This seems to be happening a lot lately. I think work is stressing me out and somehow typing/writing/sharing mindless information with the world at large is a de-stressor. So enjoy. Marvel at how weird I am. Whatever suits your fancy!


1) What was the last thing you threw in the garbage/recycling?
- Oops, don’t sue me...but I don’t recycle. The last thing I threw in the garbage can was the empty bag that contained my Vanilla almonds. 100 calorie pack.

2) What’s the #1 most played song on your iPod?
- No clue. I’ve been switching between Pompeii by Bastille & Wake Me Up by Avicii a lot lately, so they’d probably be pretty high on the list.

3) What is your favorite quote?
- “I am weird. You are weird. Everyone in this world is weird. One day two people come together in mutual weirdness and fall in love.” – Dr. Suess

Bonus quote: “To the world you may be one person; but to one person you may be the world.” – Dr. Suess

Because honestly, almost everything Dr. Suess said is brilliant.

4) What chore do you absolutely hate doing?
- Cleaning the bathrooms. The fumes from the cleaning supplies; one day they will cause me to asphyxiate, I just know it. Plus...bending over the bathtub to clean it makes my back hurt. And yes, I realize that saying that maybe makes me sounds like an old woman. I don’t care.

5) What is your favorite form of exercise?
- I don’t have a favorite form of exercise – because I don’t like to exercise. If I was forced to choose though; I suppose I’d say that if I must exercise (which I must...) then I like to walk on the treadmill and go to Zumba. Which is what I do.

6) What is your favorite time of day/day of the week/month of the year?
- My favorite time of day is dusk; I love seeing the colors that play across the sky as the sun set. I’m sure there are lovely colors at dawn as well, but I’m not usually awake at dawn. There is also something really simple and lovely about the day fading away, leaving you to start anew. My favorite day of the week is Saturday. Always Saturday. I think that answer is a no-brainer. My favorite month of the year is December because I love; absolutely love everything and anything about Christmas. So hands-down, December.

7) What is on your bedside table?
- Cotton linen spray, a small lamp perched on 4 small, stacked journals that have random musings in them, a black bear figurine from the Smokey Mountains of Tennessee, a stack of books that I am reading/about to read: Divergent, Insurgent, Allegiant, The Hobbit and Out of Oz. A framed picture of my sister and me, a sister’s figurine given to me by...my sister and a framed print given to me by a sweet friend from Texas.

8) What is your favorite body part?
- I like my eyes. If you’re asking on other people the answer would be the same...I like eyes. Hopefully that doesn’t sound completely creepy.

 9) Would you use the power of invisibility for good or evil? Elaborate.
- As much as I would like to say I’d only ever use it for good, I’m afraid that would be a lie. I’m not saying I’d do things that were completely evil but I might get a bit mischievous with it, given the chance. I’d certainly use it more for good than for evil...but I wouldn’t mind using it to take names and dole out the hurt to certain people. But hey – if I’m invisible, how would you ever know?

10) If you could choose to stay a certain age forever, what age would it be?
- I don’t know because I’ve only made it to 29. For all I know, 36 will be the best year for me. Heck, maybe even 72. I can’t say for certain about that but what I can tell you for certain is that I’d never want to be a teenager again (too much drama) and I really enjoyed being six; kindergarten was good fun and I had a real life new baby “doll” at home to play with. So...yep.

11) What is the first thing you would do if you won the lottery?
- I would pay off my trailer, quit my job and move to Virginia. Immediately. Once I’d established my home base from Virginia, I would travel. Everywhere. I mean, I’d put money away for savings but I’d take a pretty big chunk of it and just travel non-stop...probably until the money ran out. Who wants to give me that winning lottery ticket?

12) What is your biggest pet peeve?
- I absolutely hate when you are sharing a situation with someone and even though you know they can’t possibly understand, they tell you “oh girl, I totally understand.” I’m generally not a violent person but when people do that to me, I’m sorely tempted to slap them. J And that’s some hard truth right there.

13) If you could know the answer to any question, what would it be?
- I don’t know if I could pick. My immediate thought is that I’d like to know what my future holds but a part of me thinks that could be dangerous. Another thought that pops into my head is that I’d like to know the cure for cancer or AIDS...something like that. And yet another part of me just wants the answer to the winning lottery ticket so I can start working on #11.

14) At what age did you become an adult?
- I’m not 100% sure I’m an adult at this point; I don’t feel like it sometimes. I guess if I had to pinpoint the moment I became an adult it would be November of 2012 because I was living in my own home, completely on my own with a “real” job, bills to pay and a little mouth to feed; granted that little mouth was a dog mouth.

15) Recommend a book, movie, or television show in three sentences or less.
- Sherlock on PBS; starring Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman, set in modern day with story lines pulled from the pages of the original Arthur Conan Doyle books. The acting is superb; there is comedy, drama, mystery...maybe some romance but always brilliant performances by all in the cast. The third season starts on Sunday, January 19th and I can guarantee you won’t find a more entertaining show on TV...except maybe Game of Thrones...but yeah, Sherlock!

16) What did you do growing up that got you into trouble?
- I may or may not have liked to elaborate on or make up stories sometimes. Maybe. Ha-ha!

17) What was the first album you bought with your own money?
- I’m almost 100% certain it was the CD Backstreet’s Back by the Backstreet Boys, when I was about 12 or 13. I still own that CD, still listen to that CD and I still love that CD...so I’d say it was money well spent!

18) If someone wrote a book about you, what would be the title?
- How about if they named it after this blog and called it Life As I Know It. I think that would be good.

19) What story do you wish your family would stop telling about you?
- I’m not sure what story my family tells about me that I don’t like them to tell. I’m racking my brain (which still hurts – no amount of headache meds, caffeine or head rubbing seems to be helping...nor does writing) but all I can think of is the story of the hammock crash. Our out of town family friends were visiting for Easter weekend and the friend and I (said friend was a boy) decided to casually lay in the hammock during the churches’ preschool Easter egg hunt...which was being held at our house. One of us obviously moved in the wrong way at the wrong time and we dumped in a heap in the middle of the backyard with half the church congregation watching. Embarrassed? Yes. But obviously not too much since I just told you the story here.

20) True or false: The unicorn is the greatest mythical creature. State your case.

- False. There are far too many mythical creatures to choose one as the “greatest”. Plus, are we only considering mythical creatures from Greek/Roman mythology? What about mythical creatures in books/series like Harry Potter or A Song of Ice and Fire? Certainly while Star Wars or Star Trek or any other Science Fiction series is not mythical, you could consider the creatures featured in those series as mythical...so really, I have to choose false. Although unicorns are pretty sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment