Sunday, January 12, 2014

Baby It's Cold Outside

This week has been crazy - at least when it comes to the weather. Otherwise, the week has been pretty much the routine of life. I spent my week concocting diet shakes, walking on the treadmill at the gym, having conversations with my dog and binge watching Downton Abbey. As you can see - not exactly a thrill a minute, but that was my life this week. So...the week in review.

Let the mixing begin....

I started ViSalus last Saturday - which technically was before this post, but this was the first full week of doing it all the way, all the time. I haven't been disappointed in it; thankfully the shakes taste really good and I haven't felt like I was starving. I have high hopes that this will work; I suppose only time will tell. I started back at the gym again on Monday and I have a complete love/hate relationship with it. I hate going to the gym if there are very many people there - I just absolutely do not like being around people while I'm working out. However, if I'm one of the only people there then it's on! Each time I arrive at the gym is a gamble - will there be people there or not? Anyway - that's about all I can report on the diet/exercise/lifestyle betterment front. Hopefully I'll have grand things to report in time!

I don't think I'll see temperatures like this very often in MS....

I got to wear my hat! And my scarf! And my coat! 

The weather Monday through Wednesday was just crazy out of the ordinary for the state of Mississippi - although since the United States was visited by a weather phenomenon called a polar vortex. Which honestly sounds like some kind of special edition Icee or a crazy Sci-Fi movie but apparently it's a thing and it causes crazy cold weather. I have already mentioned the fact that I really enjoyed it because I loved getting to wear a hat, scarf and coat without looking like a complete goofball - Lord knows the weather in Mississippi isn't exactly conducive to cold weather accessories.

Having a serious conversation - he says "listen Mom, I can handle it..."

The last picture in his hoodie - I still can't believe that he lost it. Little turkey.

Watson obviously wasn't too concerned about the cold temperatures since on Wednesday he decided that he'd lose his coat. The little stinker had just gotten his lovely new hoodie for Christmas from my parents and only wore it four or five times before he decided to abandon it in the woods and run wild and free. I've put a moratorium on my parents buying him anymore jackets of any kind since this is the third coat he has lost. No more clothes for puppies!

Winter came - even if it only stayed for about three days before more Spring-like temperatures arrived.

This is my life now - as far as lunch is concerned....

Jewelry...the airplane charm is meant to be ironic.

Rotten to the core....and I guess that's totally okay, since I made him that way.

My modern art - it changes daily. It's like a living art installation - on my desk.

My chilly porch on Wednesday - the last day it was really "cold"..

As mentioned - rotten to the core.
As mentioned - the week itself was fairly slow in terms of activity. I went to work, went to the gym and came home to watch Downton Abbey. I think I would have done well as the daughter of a landed gentleman in early 1900's England; I mean - let's be honest, how could you not do well? All this sudden watching of British dramas Sherlock, Downton Abbey...) has me craving a trip to jolly old London town and it's surroundings. Lindsey - I think we should get right on that one, okay? Even when the week passes slowly, I'm always happy to see Friday arrive and I spent my Friday night finishing up season three of Downton Abbey; shedding quite a few tears in the process. Now I'm all caught up and ready to watch episode two of season four tonight!

There was a wild thunderstorm on Friday night but Saturday dawned bright and clear with temperatures in the mid 60's, which made the beginning of the week seem like something out of a dream (or a nightmare, depending on how you feel about cold weather). I took advantage of the gorgeous weather and took Watson out to the lake to get in my dose of Saturday exercise and let him explore - which he thoroughly enjoyed. I was tempted to go to the movies on Saturday afternoon until I realized that I still live in Collinsville and neither Meridian or Philadelphia seem to get the movies I really want to see, so I resigned myself to cleaning house, catching up on the TV shows I'd missed during the week to watch Downton and watching the movie Admission on Saturday night.

Exploring the outdoors on the unseasonably warm Saturday....

He's doing such an excellent job riding in his car seat.

January? Really?

We be jammin mon....ha-ha!

Hanging out with one of the sweetest girls in the world...
Sunday - the day of rest that always seems to be more of a day of stress for me. I don't know about the rest of you, but sometimes I need a break from Sunday itself. Heaven knows, I don't need to get into all that but just let me assure you - I often need a day of rest from the day of rest. Thank goodness for sweet babies to love and cuddle; they completely help with all that stress.

Yes, I'm House Lannister. I know...get over it.
And - that's all she wrote. It's time for me to watch a little bit of the Golden Globes and then some delightful Downton Abbey. Here's hoping the week ahead is a good one! 

No comments:

Post a Comment