Monday, December 16, 2013

Christmas is Creeping Closer....

Well...we are a week closer to Christmas; only nine days if you want to be exact and it seems like this month is flying by, and by correlation, the year is speeding by as well. As Charlie Brown would say, good grief! I don't know about you, but I feel like every year passes even faster than the one that proceeded it and this week seemed to speed by as well. I'm not one to wish my life away but I do have to say - I won't mind this next week clipping along because on Saturday the 21st my family (and my new car) will be here for Christmas and I can't wait!

A look back at the past week....

This nut couldn't wait to go outside to play on Monday morning - especially since it had finally quit raining!
This little dog of mine; I just don't know about him sometimes. I've recently discovered he has a very strong streak of impatience.He has started to beg, whine and even cry to go outside - and let me assure you that if I don't let him out in time, he just stalks back to his bed and sulks. Last Monday was no exception, the rain had finally passed and he wanted outside immediately. He scooted himself into the crack between the couch and the door and sat there for almost fifteen minutes until it was finally time to go out - and then he realized that the only way to back out of the "hole" he'd gotten himself into was to back up...I was tempted to beep for him as he backed up...ha-ha! The whining and crying has been repeated the past few mornings and it's absolutely pitiful. He's a mess, no doubt.

A skylight at the office where a co-worker & I worked on Monday. I loved it.

Obviously someone agreed with my "hidden" Bible verse at work...

Day 8 - looks like I'll be eating pizza! pizza!

I have quite a few books to read in the coming months....

Day 9 was a hoodie for Watson. He wasn't really too sure about it.
While I'm discussing my dog being a mess, I should mention that since he's gotten a present or two in the gifts this month - he now thinks that every present is for him. He comes running when he hears paper rustling and even if the gift isn't for him, he has to sniff it down and in some cases even give it a small lick of approval. I'm telling y'all - this little dog is too funny!

It was just a wee bit chilly on Wednesday morning...I may have had to sit in my car for a few minutes before I could drive off....

The presents under the tree are multiplying!

Day 10 - the third ornament in the series; the month of November!

This result is not shocking at all....

Cookie dough waiting to be baked up good in the oven!

I swear my car knows it's days are numbered....
I have to say - I think my car is sentient. As in, the vehicle knows it's days are numbered and it is going to try and mutiny on me. The blinkers are already on the fritz, only working half the time and the AC has long ago decided to blow anything that remotely resembles cool air. My car is almost thirteen years old and has been a great car; a car that I've absolutely loved...but the time has come to move on. And I'm pretty sure my car has realized that and it's angry with me. The evidence of this is that out of nowhere, the service engine soon light came on Thursday...you see, my car is telling me "I know what you're trying to do and I'm not going to take this departure easily!" Oh well - you've only got four more days little silver car...and then the jig is up!

My desk being this cluttered makes me feel like I'm going to have a panic attack....seriously.

Day 11 - the most awesome owl trivet! And Watson's look of disgust when he realizes it's probably NOT for him.

Day 12 - Christmas tree Peeps!

Watson was really hungry on Saturday morning...
Saturday morning was the churches' annual Ladies Cookie Swap and I look forward to it every year. I invited a wonderful friend from college to go with me this year (for the second time) and I was so excited when she was able to make it! We ate some delicious brunch, visited with ladies from the church and each took home a tub full of delicious Christmas goodies. Lisa and I also ran around town for a little while on Saturday afternoon - it was so nice to get to spend some time with her; it's always wonderful to spend time with friends, right? I spent the rest of my Saturday afternoon and night wrapping presents, watching a Christmas movie (The Family Stone) and attending the office Christmas party. I really felt like my Saturday: while wonderful and packed with good food, a great friend and plenty to do, it just flew by! Granted...I think all days kind of fly by these days!

At the church's Ladies Cookie Swap on Saturday morning - with my sweet Nanny!

All my cookies...and my sweet friend Lisa who came to go to the cookie swap with me!

Perhaps the creepiest decoration on a tree...."eye" spied this at Little Acre.

Christmas presents from a sweet friend!

Day 13- a present for Watson...some Begging Strips.

Day 14 - The December ornament; Charlie Brown of course...with his tree!
Our church has been building a new sanctuary for the past several months and Sunday was the first Sunday service in the new building - not that I really know too much about how that went - I spent the hour and thirty minute service in the nursery with nineteen children! The sanctuary looks absolutely beautiful though and I managed to snap a few pictures on Sunday night before church started... I'm sure I'm not the only person that was snapping pictures.

The Sanctuary....all the way from the back...

The giant Christmas tree...

Two of those poinsettias belong to ME!! 
The best part of my Sunday? I went to see The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug on Sunday afternoon! I went to the movies alone and I didn't even care because I have been waiting for this movie to come out since I saw the first installment back in late September - I was perfectly content sitting in my seat alone, because I knew an awesome movie was coming up! I enjoyed every minute of it and probably over-elaborated on it to my little sister on the way home. What can I say, I was letting my "I'm a Big Nerd" banner wave proudly!

YES! Finally saw it!

In honor of seeing The Hobbit, I took a quiz on which Middle Earth character I was. I'm an Elf! Dreams do come true, ha-ha!

I think I should do this every Monday....don't you agree?
Well folks - that's all for now I suppose. All my regularly schedule programs have concluded for the year, so I think it's time for me to go find a nice Christmas movie to watch! Adios for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment