Thursday, September 19, 2013

Parmesan Garlic Pasta & Chicken

I cooked again. I mean - granted, I "cook" something almost every night but as you may well know, sometimes I just root around in the fridge and throw something together. On Tuesday night, I did just that.

I'd been talking to my parents on the way home and my Dad was talking about how he wasn't sure they had anything to eat; that they might be going to the grocery store once they finished walking. I told him to just look in the fridge/pantry/etc....and see what he could find; surely he and Mom could craft something good? I think they went to the grocery store though. I, on the other hand, rifled through my fridge and decided I'd whip up something. And so I did.

I found: 3 boneless chicken tenders (frozen) half a can of Ragu Parmesan Garlic pasta sauce, 1/4 container of chicken broth, butter, Parmesan cheese, some onions and half a box of macaroni noodles. That was all I needed to get the wheels turning and start cooking!

What my kitchen looks like when I randomly dig through the fridge and pull out stuff to "create" a meal...

Little naked chickens cooking in butter and chicken broth ~ sizzle sizzle ~

Just cooking the chicken was making my mouth water - good gracious.

Multi-tasking; cooking noodles, concocting sauce and letting chickens take the back burner for a bit.

You see, I took the leftover pasta sauce, mixed in a little chicken broth, onions, grated Parmesan cheese and a bit of butter, just because I needed there to be a little "more" of the sauce. It really didn't change the flavor too much; what little change it brought about actually made the sauce taste a bit better!

Noodles - meet your new friend, sauce.

The chicken is ready to take a dive onto the pasta - hello delicious!

Seriously - how good does this look? Well, let me tell you - it tasted good too.

Oh bless - the sink is a mess. Oh well, I have delicious food waiting.

Supper for me - and lunch for me on another day. Brilliant.

So - if you want to recreate this, you can. I'll put down the ingredients and you can go out and get them for yourself. I was really pleased with how this turned out and I'll definitely make it again - unless I get sidetracked creating something else that I find in my fridge.

Parmesan Garlic Pasta and Chicken
-3/4 boneless chicken tenders
-Ragu Parmesan Garlic pasta sauce (I used half a jar, you may need more depending on how many you are cooking for)
-8 ounces chicken broth
-1 tbsp. onion pieces
-2 tbsp. Parmesan cheese
-2/3 tbsp. butter
-1/2 box macaroni noodles (or a whole box; again - who are ya feeding?)


Cook pasta according to directions on the box!

Cook chicken in a skillet with butter and chicken broth until pink; slice into pieces and set aside.

Mix together pasta sauce, Parmesan cheese, onion pieces, just a tiny bit of butter and the leftover chicken broth. Heat this, making sure everything mixes together well. 

Combine pasta and noodles together, topping with cooked chicken. 

Enjoy!

*There are so many ways you could change this up! You could make it healthier by adding in some spinach or English peas (which I personally don't like, but they could work for other people). You could make it less healthy (ha-ha) by adding in crumbled bacon for a different flavor. Of course, you could also buy tons of different pasta sauces and add things all willy-nilly just to see what you get. Don't ever be afraid to try making new things - because as I've learned, you usually end up with something pretty delicious!*


No comments:

Post a Comment