Saturday, September 7, 2013

Mac & Cheese Pizza

I don't know about you but I was one of those kids that lived on macaroni and cheese. I loved macaroni and cheese, chicken nuggets and Campbell's chicken noodle soup; I'm pretty sure my Mama used to tell me that I was going to turn into a chicken nugget. Thankfully, my tastes have broadened and I'll eat a much better variety of food now but I do still love the staples from my childhood!

Once upon a time, I was a big fan of going to Cici's pizza - because I loved there macaroni and cheese pizza! Now though; I don't know if I'd go into the Cici's in Meridian if someone paid me to - it's just not what it once was, I'll leave it at that. So, with that being said, when I stumbled upon this recipe for a macaroni and cheese pizza on Plain Chicken's blog, I knew I had to try it - two of my favorite foods combined; what's not to love?

All the ingredients...noodles, "Alfredo" sauce, cheese and a pizza shell!

Making the pizza saucy....

The best part of this recipe (to me at least) is that it leaves me without enough pasta sauce and noodles for another meal. This chick lives on a budget, so getting two uses out of ingredients is always a big positive for me! Also, I didn't actually buy Alfredo sauce because I haven't really ever found a store bought brand that I just loved. I bought Ragu Roasted Garlic Parmesan Sauce - which I'd never had, but I was really pleased with the taste!

Noodles everywhere - yikes! I might use a little less on the noodles front next time.

Ready to go into the oven!

Fresh out of the oven - this pizza may put you in a cheese coma...

Nom Nom Nom...look at the cheesy goodness!

Friday night supper on the fine china!

So - there you have it. This is another recipe that isn't really healthy but I guess you could use whole wheat pizza dough, whole wheat noodles and make you own Alfredo sauce or use less cheese (I probably will next time). Of course, every once in a while you just want to eat something that is delicious and not necessarily healthy. I need to eat more healthy, but Lord knows if I stumble upon a recipe that I want to try, I'm not going to skip it because it involves a little (okay a lot) of cheese.

Macaroni and Cheese Pizza

-1/2 cup cheddar cheese
-1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
-Alfredo sauce (just kind of eyeball this; it's your pizza sauce - you won't use a whole jar unless you have serious sauce addiction problems)
-macaroni noodles (also, eyeball this - you don't need too many)
-pizza crust

Cook noodles according to the package

Preheat oven to 400

Use Alfredo sauce as you pizza sauce, covering your pizza shell.

Sprinkle on cooked noodles (carefully - they're hot!) and top with cheddar and mozzarella cheeses.

Cook for 15-18 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly! Enjoy!

*Plain Chicken's recipe also called for bacon - I omitted it this time, but I might throw some on there next time, ya know...to make it more healthy. Ha-ha! Chicken would be good too...do as you wish!

1 comment:

  1. so i've seen this recipe on her blog and just haven't tried it but now you have me wanting to!!!

    ReplyDelete