Friday, October 29, 2010

Life is a Rollercoaster Ride...and I've Been on a Doozie!

Well, I realized a long time ago that life isn't fair & life isn't always "a walk in the park"...I got a big dose of taking a walk somewhere other than the park this last week.

I got a temporary job & was pretty thrilled with the prospect of finally working; even for a little while, & making a little bit of money. That was the climb on my roller coaster. Things were looking up. Well, I was in for a shock. I learned very quickly this week that some people are just downright mean & next to impossible to be around. My new boss (who shall remain nameless...I wouldn't want anyone coming after me) assigned me tasks to do without explaining how to do them - asking for directions got me yelled at, while trying to do the work to the best of my knowledge & making a mistake also got me yelled at. Fun! After 2 days of being made to feel incompetent by the boss, as well as some words of advice from a co-worker (that woman will drag you down in a matter of days) I decided on day three as I was en route to work that it just wasn't worth the money to be beaten down each day, dreading the next day of work the minute I left at 5.

I had a really rough day on Wednesday. I wasn't too happy with myself about quitting. Luckily, I have the love & support of some wonderful friends & a great set of parents who I was able to talk to about the whole mess.

So...now, here I am again. Just waiting. Praying for direction & purpose in my life. I know that the Lord has a divine purpose for each person & so I'll wait faithfully to see what the next step is.

No comments:

Post a Comment