Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Happy Birthday to Me!

Wow...how did 26 years really go by so fast? Or is it technically only 25 years, since I am just at the start of the 26th year today? I'll ponder that one later.... I am certainly a blessed person, so I thought I'd take a little time today to mention some of the most wonderful people/blessings I have been given in the 26 years I've been hanging out on this little planet we call Earth!

-The first blessing I recieved in life was to be born to my wonderful parents. I couldn't have picked a better set of parents than the two I have. They have raised me with constant love & support. I don't remember a single softball game, peewee basketball or football game (go Red Team!) dance recital or school function that they weren't at. My parents are not just a Mom & Dad, they are my cheerleaders, my coaches & most importantly, my friends.
-Another really important blessing in my life is my friend Nickolee. I'm doing this whole list in chronological order, so she makes the list at number two...cause I think we may have been younger than two when we first started playing together. We started out as big buddies when we were small & though elementary school seperated us, high school pushed us back together! We stuck by one another through homecomings, tests, break-ups & boys...the ups & downs of high school & yet again, we were pulled apart by college life. God blessed me by bringing us back together after college & I couldn't be more happy to have her in my life. I think with a true friend, you can be seperated by time or miles, but you will always find a way to get back to one another. So, after all these years I am so blessed to have Nickolee in my life!
-I kind of think this next blessing is one of the most important...and that is my little sister. Now, when she was first born I can honestly say that I just wanted to send her back. She was red, wrinkly & she cried far too much for me to think that we really needed to keep her around...but boy how those younger siblings can grow on you! We fought plenty as we grew up & I know sometimes my Mom thought we'd never get along. Boy, how things have changed! I just didn't know how lucky I was getting that night in November. I cannot imagine having a more wonderful best friend in my life & I'm lucky enough that she is also my little sister.
-The MOST important blessing I have in my life is my salvation. I aaccepted Jesus as my Lord & Savior when I was 6. I certainly haven't been perfect since then, but God doesn't call us to be perfect. God loves & accepts us all as we are - works in progress. We are called to live according to his will & be a light for him on Earth. I made the decision to do that 20 years ago & it has & will always be the most important decision I will ever make.
---Gonna make a big jump in time! Not that from ages 6 to 17 weren't great, but I'm hitting the high points---
-When I was a Junior in high school, this 8th grader joined the WL Chorus. I can't remember if he joined because he played the piano so well or just sang that good (probably both) but unbeknownst to me, that 8th grader would become my best friend. Over lunch in the choir room, I got to know David. Our relationship progressed from those lunches to movies, dinners, concerts...well...since we live in Collinsville, that is really about it. Even though he is 3 years younger than me & is also a guy, I found in him someone who just "got me" & everyone needs someone like that. I've been able to call him my best friend for the past 9 years (cannot believe it has been that long!) & I am so thankful for him!
-The final thing I am thankful for (that I'm gonna put on this list) are the friends that I made while I was at school at USM. I never planned to go to USM but the Lord had different plans for me. I met so many wonderful people during the 3 years I was there, some of whom will probably be my friends for years to come. I am so blessed to have friends like Kristen, Lisa, Kayla & Bart. There were so many people who made my time at Southern great, but those 4 just added so much to the experience!

I guess that isn't so long a list, but those are certainly things that I am most thankful for at this point in life. I have a wonderful family, amazing friends & a personal relationship with my Lord. I'd say for 26 years that I'm a pretty blessed person. Now then...I'm gonna stop blogging & go do whatever I want - because its my birthday! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment