Friday, September 16, 2022

Five on Friday

I thought I'd pop in and jump in the middle of all the recapping of our wonderful trip to Germany to share a few Friday Favorites! I can't believe it's been almost a week since we returned from Germany - that seems wild to me!
 

Happy to Be Home - I had such a wonderful time in Germany but man... I missed my sweet Ryan! We talked each day; some days just for a few minutes, because of the six hour time difference. We joked about why last Summer when we were apart for almost twenty-five days it wasn't as hard as being apart for eight days this year! We concluded that maybe with just two months until our wedding - our lives are a little more entwined then they were last Summer!


He is definitely my "home" and it was so wonderful to see his face when he picked us up at the airport on Sunday afternoon! I can't believe we just have about seven weeks (57 days) until we are married. Time is flying and something tells me it won't slow down! 

Little Guy - It's also been great to be reunited with my little old man! He spent the week we were away with Ryan and they have a grand time together; no one gets Watson moving quite like Ryan does, he always get him excited and energized! 


I took this sweet little snap of him on Wednesday morning - he went to work with Ryan for a few hours and Ryan wanted him to look special, so he put him in his little striped hoodie! He may be getting old but he still loves his people, his treats and his bed! 

Weekend Plans - I cannot believe we are already in the middle of September! I had to do a little reevaluation of the activities we have planned in the next few weekends because it hit me (like a ton of bricks) that we are getting married in JUST seven weeks. And while things are coming together really smoothly - it just seems like life might get busy here in the coming weeks - you know?

We don't have huge plans this weekend - besides going to the Joint Base Andrews Air Show tomorrow! Ryan has never been to an Air Show and my Dad cannot wait to introduce him to the experience. What's more - the Thunderbirds are performing and they are our favorite - so that should be great!


Next weekend isn't too full either - at least not for Ryan - but I am attending Lavish Conference at our church. It's the annual women's conference and I remember last year, a member of the staff was a few weeks away from her wedding and mentioned it... I thought to myself "that will be me next year" and it honestly seemed so far away. And now we're here! One of my dear friends is attending with me and we are both really looking forward to it!


************************************************************

That's about all I've got today! I'll keep sharing recaps of our trip to Germany tomorrow - I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment