Monday, September 19, 2022

The Lost Weekend

Well - y'all remember when I posted that Friday Favorites and said we didn't have a "lot" going on this weekend. As it turned out, we didn't do anything this weekend because... the dreaded COVID finally hit home for us this weekend. *sigh*


My boss tested positive mid-week and then some of Ryan's co-workers also tested positive... and then, Ryan tested positive. I will say that I think he was incredibly lucky because beyond a period of running fever and feeling run down, he seemed to overcome the virus pretty quickly. We laid low all weekend though - since we needed to be in isolation. I tested negative and so we were a household divided.


I spent some time organizing some of the things I've moved over to our house - I have come to realized that I have a LOT of stuff and attempting to get it organized and into our house before we are married and I live there... it's a job, ha-ha! We had ice cream in the cutest little bowls that I got from Germany and we tested out our new crock pot and I made some Rotel to have while watching college football.


Sunday was church online and I felt a little worn out myself - so I took it easy while Ryan and I watched all the NFL games on TV, ha-ha! We tested again before the start of the week and I still tested negative! 

I am so thankful that I somehow seem to be able to keep evading a COVID-19 infection and I am also so thankful that it seems like our interaction with COVID was; this time, very short-lived. Ryan is already feeling almost 100% better and we are looking forward to getting back to our active lifestyle! I know it's good to rest and relax sometimes - but as a whole, we like to be on the move and doing things, so this weekend was tough for us! 






No comments:

Post a Comment