Thursday, September 29, 2022

Have I Told You Lately - September

 


September has almost come to a close - and what a full month it was! There is so much to love about the month of September and this year was no exception! 

Eating - Hello German Food! My family traveled to Bavaria at the beginning of the month and oh my goodness; I discovered that I do indeed love German food, with the exception of all the wieners! I started our time in Germany with fabulous Potato Soup and Turkey Cordon Bleu Schnitzel at a sweet little German restaurant! I also had a divine slice of Cranberry Rum Cake from a local bakery and sweet shop - also divine! 


Throughout the week I enjoyed even more German food: wiener schnitzel (not a wiener), cherry waffles, Bavarian Cream & Fruit, Kasespatzle, Apple Strudel, an amazing fruit & cheese platter and of course - German Chocolate! Everything we had was so tasty and wonderful! I closed out the month finally finding my perfect White Chicken Chili recipe - yahoo! 

Drinking - Let's play a game called: Something I Never Thought"... as in, I never thought I'd post about and that's drinking beer! I rarely drink and when I do it's normally a cocktail that's more fruit than alcohol or the occasional glass of wine - but I have always turned my nose up at beer! It stinks and honestly - I've never been able to get past the smell long enough to get a good sip! It's just gross!


However - I figured when in Germany, especially when Oktoberfest is on the horizon - you got to at least sample some beer, right? I tried an Austrian beer when we were in Austria (my Dad ordered it & I sampled some sips) and it was surprisingly tasty and smooth - and there was no horrible smell! When we were at legendary beer hall Hofbrauhas München - I had multiple sips of my sister's Radler Beer, which is half beer and half lemonade. I could become a fan of that, ha-ha!

Reading - I only read two books this month (I took a book along to Germany but never cracked it open). Once I was home - I finally found my reading game again and I read two great books! I started with my September Book of the Month: Other Birds by Sarah Addison Allen and it was such a great read! It was a light read, filled with a touching story, a little bit of mystery and even a bi of whimsy! It was such a great little book and I really enjoyed it!


The second book I read was The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver and let me tell you - I loved it! The book was originally published in 1998, so it's been around for just while and I stumbled on it as an option for Book of the Month and decided to give it a whirl! The story of an evangelical Baptist minister who drags his family to the Congo as missionaries in 1960 was fascinating and intriguing and even though the book was over 500 pages - I devoured it in less than a week! 

Watching - Of course, I am still watching House of the Dragon and I'm still very intrigued by it all. It's definitely like being back with an old friend, even if the friend is a bit changed! I'm enjoying the palace intrigue and all the plays the characters are making to vie for being closest to the throne. Plus - there are dragons and amazing costumes - what's not to love?


Continuing with all things fantasy, I have also been watching Amazon Prime's The Rings of Power and I'm enjoying that quite a lot too. I don't think (so far) it has quite the pull of HofD but it's very good all on it's own. I feel like so much of this season is laying groundwork (maybe I'm wrong) but I am fascinated to encounter characters that are remembered/mentioned in Lord of the Rings - or some characters (like Galadriel) who are still around in Lord of the Rings, ha-ha!

Loving - Let me tell you that I am loving all the people who are either just so sweet or are genuinely interested in our upcoming wedding! I cannot tell you how many people in the last week have asked "how many more days" or happily said to me "it's getting so close"... and I swear, I don't know if I know all of them, ha-ha! But their sweet sentiments just warm my heart and make me feel so loved!

Wanting - I think at this point, the one thing I am wanting is for everything to work out just perfectly on the wedding day! So far everything has fallen into place just fine and so I hope that trend continues! Everyone has told me to just relax and do my best to enjoy the day because it will pass in a blur - and I believe that! Once upon a time it seemed like it would be forever until our wedding day and now there are just 43 days to go! So I want to be able to enjoy the day and have it go smoothly! 

Quoting - I've seen this quote everywhere in the last few weeks and I love it! 


*****************************************************

September was such a wonderful month - I can't wait to see what the rest of the year holds, because between my birthday, Halloween, our wedding & honeymoon, Thanksgiving and Christmas - it is shaping up to be a wonderful final three months of the year! The "Ber" months are my favorite months and September kicked them off in perfect fashion! 

No comments:

Post a Comment