Tuesday, December 19, 2023

Orchids & Cathedrals

It's me again - two days in a row! I didn't want to overwhelm the post on Monday with a million pictures; because I certainly had that many, so I split things up a bit! One of my favorite exhibits at the US Botanic Garden is the orchids and between Ryan and I - we took tons of pictures in the orchid exhibit! I figured I'd share those today - and some other photos!  




The orchid exhibit is just absolutely stunning - and they have a much larger exhibit early in the Spring. I've only been once, but it was an amazing display of so much beauty! 




How do you possibly pick one over another? They are the most stunning things - I have to say, the orchid is definitely in my top three flowers. They are so colorful and different; so many varieties and each one unique from the others!






We'd hoped to go to Zoo Lights (sold out) or the Lights at Bull Run (sold out) but neither of those things really panned out for us. Christendom College is a small college located in Front Royal and they have been building a massive cathedral on campus for several years now... and it's finally finished. We discovered after a quick Google search that the cathedral is open from 6 AM - 1 AM every day - and so away we went!




While not exactly Christmas lights - it is certainly a stunning cathedral and I enjoyed perusing the cathedral and taking in all the beautiful stained glass windows, the gorgeous altar and more - the craftmanship that has been put into the building is incredible!




So - just a short and sweet post today - wanted to share the last of the pictures from our day out in DC and our Christmas celebrations! 

No comments:

Post a Comment