Friday, December 29, 2023

Christmas Day and Then Some

Can y'all believe that there are only two days left of 2023? This year feels like it has completely flown by and here we are, just days away from a new year and a fresh start on all things! I wanted to share just a few snaps from our wonderful Christmas Day and the few days afterwards! Our Christmas was very low-key - it was just the two of us and we had a pretty relaxed day!  



We had an awesome breakfast casserole and cinnamon rolls for breakfast while doing our Advent and reading the Christmas story. Then we busted into our stockings - Santa was very good to us - and exchanged our gifts! We are blessed indeed and had so much fun watching the other person open the gifts that were chosen and see their excitement! 



We had a late lunch/early dinner on Christmas day: Brown Sugar Baked Ham, Stuffing, Roasted Maple Bacon Brussel Sprouts, Scalloped Corn and Sweet Potato Casserole! It all turned out great and was delicious! Shortly before sunset, we headed over to the lake to test our Ryan's new monocular and then watched some Christmas Day football before calling it a day! 


Ryan's birthday was on the 26th - I was off work, so after Ryan got off work we headed to Logan's Roadhouse for a celebratory birthday dinner for my sweet husband! Our meal was great and the little fellow you spy in the pictures spent the meal grinning at me... until Ryan would turn around, and then he would give Ryan the stink eye! It was hilarious and we couldn't quit cracking up!



The last couple days have been a roller coaster for me and I've dealt with some health issues; again, nothing serious! My hubby brought me home flowers yesterday after a long day - and I have to say; while this year has been good, I won't be sad to see the end of 2023. It has been filled with good but the last month or so has kind of beat us up... so to speak! 

I am looking forward to another three-day weekend to celebrate the New Year - and I cannot wait to see what 2024 has in store for my little family! 

No comments:

Post a Comment