Tuesday, December 5, 2023

Bright Lights & Tea Time

It's me again - here with another picture heavy post because goodness, tis the season, isn't it? There are so many wonderful things happening right now to celebrate the Christmas season and the first weekend of December was no exception to that! 

After work on Friday - and thankfully after rain had moved through - Ryan and I joined my parents for dinner and then headed to the Museum of the Shenandoah Valley for Garden Lights! It was the most unique light display and really just so fascinating to take in! 




Of course, I took numerous pictures of the vivid display - everywhere you looked was something unique and different to take in. Some of the pictures I'm sharing are from my husband; his Samsung phone takes exceptionally better pictures than my iPhone (sad but true). 




The exhibit contains colored lights, one-thousand LED flowers and lasers that lit up the Grand Allee of the Gardens! There were also gnomes you could find throughout the garden... but we weren't quite as good at that as the little kids perusing the gardens alongside us! 





Halfway through the exhibit they had a spot where you could purchase hot chocolate, hot apple cider or mulled wine and it was lovely to carry a toasty cup of cider in the cool weather, wandering along taking in all the lights! I think this was the perfect way to kick of the Christmas season! 





I would tell you to go check it out - but according to the Museum of the Shenandoah Valley's website, the event is completely sold out! I'm not surprised; this is such a cool way to exhibit the gorgeous gardens at the Museum and I'm so glad we were able to take it in! 




I tried desperately to sleep in on Saturday but I wasn't too successful! Oh well - I suppose anything later than 5:30 AM is late, isn't it? I made it almost to 7 AM... and considered that succesful! Saturday morning was pretty relaxed; I worked on our Christmas cards and Ryan headed to see Napoleon with my Dad. Shortly after lunchtime, I headed out with my Mom and some of her dear friends for Christmas Tea at Rosemont Manor! 




This was my third time attending tea at Rosemont and my first time attending at Christmas! The tea was perfectly lovely - everything was divine! We started with the Savories: Cucumber & Dill Sandwiches (shaped like trees), Pork & Mushroom Pastry Rolls and Chicken Salad on a Croissant. Every bite was divine - even the Pork & Mushroom Pastry Roll... and I don't like mushroom, ha-ha! 



The second course was the Scones: a savory Bacon & Cheddar Scone and a perfectly seasonal Gingerbread Scone - both served with Devonshire Cream & Lemon Curd. I confess, I only used the Devonshire Cream & Lemon Curd on the sweet scone; not the savory! The final course was the Sweets: a Peppermint Snowball Cookie, a Chocolate Caramel Tart and a Cranberry Mousse! Everything was absolutely delicious and the time spent with friends was lovely too! 


We headed home shortly after 4 PM and had quite the football night; Ryan and my Dad had purchased the goods for some football food for dinner. We had Rotel Dip, Pigs in a Blanket and Bacon-Wrapped Chicken Bites and it was all delicious! Ryan and I ended up watching The Grinch before calling it a night!

Sunday was a pretty busy day - all in all. We headed to church and then made a pit stop at Walmart on the way home; grabbing lunch from the store as well. After watching some football and relaxing, Ryan and I took my parents to Dulles to fly to France for the next week and a half - they are so jet set! Once we got home, my hubby cooked the most delicious dinner of chicken, asparagus and black-eyed peas and we just chilled before calling it a night!


And just like that - the first weekend of December and the memories made are just that - beautiful memories that we can look back on forever! 

No comments:

Post a Comment