Wednesday, November 8, 2023

It's Already Wednesday!

Y'all - it is Wednesday already and I cannot even believe it! I dealt with some unexpected health issues at the start of this week (nothing major - all is well) and while Monday seemed like the longest day ever, I have to say it seems like Wednesday has arrived quickly! Time is funny like that, isn't it?

Last Friday night was so low-key and so needed after a really long work week! Because my husband is basically a chef extraordinaire, he made some of the best Philly Cheesesteaks I've ever eaten - no restaurant has got a thing on this man! It was so good and just thinking about it (and sharing the picture of it) is making me drool... We watched A Haunting in Venice and it was fine - but I absolutely prefer Death on the Nile.

I told ya'll it was a good looking Philly - didn't I? After sleeping in and making a run to the storage unit for our Christmas tree (no judgement ya'll) - we got ourselves a little more put together and headed to The Vine & Tea Leaf where I met my friend Katie and her daughter Freyja for tea. Freyja was convinced that having tea was basically a fancy tea party - so she begged to tag along - and she kept us laughing! We enjoyed reading a book all about wines and what regions they come from...ha-ha! It was so great to catch up with Katie and spend some time with Freyja too!


After our tea party, Ryan picked me up and we perused Rural King before grabbing some burgers from a local burger joint called Spelunkers and heading into the Shenandoah National Park to catch the sunset. It wasn't too chilly when we arrived but as the clouds rolled in and the sun started to set, we had to make a run to the car to grab out coats! Brrr! The Dickey Ridge Visitor Center is the first that you arrive to when entering the park from Front Royal - and I love the overlook with it's wide grassy lawn, rolling down to the view of the mountains stretching into the distance! 



I got a couple of good shots of the sunset - but Ryan's camera is the one that takes amazing pictures and so the ones that really look good; those are from Ryan's phone! He went rogue and got an Android the last time we upgraded... and while I make fun of him for turning everyone's messages green, I have to admit his camera is spectacular! Having said that, I don't know that I'll ever stray from my Apple.




The Dickey Ridge Visitor Center overlook is a special spot for Ryan and I! Early in our dating days; which is saying something because we only dated about three months, Ryan took me up to the overlook and made a lovely speech to me and promised me that we'd build a life together. It was so beautiful and several people thought he was proposing (it was a proposal of sorts) and clapped and cheered. It was wild to sit under the same tree and think about how far we've come! The sunset was pretty spectacular too!


I wasn't feeling too well on Sunday - the health issues I mentioned were starting to kick in - so we watched our church service from home and had to run a friend's daughter to driver's ed. She kept us laughing all the way to her class! We decided; in an effort to get some sunshine while the weather was nice and hopefully help me feel a little more alive, to go walk the Blue Ridge Shadows Golf Course, which is where I lived when I first moved to Virginia. 



The golf course is beautiful and it was a wonderful day - not too hot, not too cold and the sky was an almost cloudless blue! I forgot how hilly the course was, so we didn't end up doing all of it but we did get in almost two miles! The golf course let us borrow a cart and tour the course, so we ended up cruising all around the course, just enjoying the beautiful weather and spending time together. We also cruised right past the old townhouse where my parents lived! My how things have changed!


My handsome golf cart driver took me home and we had some pastalaya for dinner, watched some Sunday Night Football and I couldn't believe another weekend was over! Why does time fly? 

No comments:

Post a Comment