Monday, November 27, 2023

A Very "Pun-y" Thanksgiving

I don't know about you - but I cannot believe that Thanksgiving has come and gone and December is looming on the horizon! I feel like November has both flown by and also lasted a little longer than necessary... and I'm not sure how time works like that, but it does! I digress - did everyone have a lovely Thanksgiving?

 

My Mom hosted at her house this year and Ryan's Mom and her boyfriend Doc came up from Florida to join us. We had our feast a little later in the day, so the morning was spent watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade and then; of course, football! We had quite the spread and my Mom decided to lay butcher paper along the counter to sit all the food on... and I couldn't help adding some puns.








My Mom made my grandma's corn bread stuffing and it was delicious! We also had a rare miss... sort of... with a recipe from Plain Chicken. My Mom used her crock pot turkey recipe and it said the turkey would be cooked in 5-6 hours. Well, it cooked six hours and a little more but hadn't reached that internal temperature of 165... so we didn't have the turkey with our meal. However, when we did finally have some on Friday - it was worth the wait! Oh my goodness! It may have been the best turkey I've ever eaten, so all was well that ends well. And it ended very well! 


This sweet man is absolutely the person I am most thankful for! I don't know what I did without him and I am so blessed to call him my husband. He's the best (and he's awfully handsome too).



Our Black Friday was pretty low-key. We watched Maggie - the dog that belongs to Ryan's Mom's boyfriend - for the day. We took her on some walks and she even rode around with us to check out some Black Friday sales. We got a couple small things here and there, but nothing too crazy. We helped my parents get their Christmas decorations up and had Thanksgiving leftovers for dinner that might have been even better than they were fresh on Thursday, ha-ha! 

No comments:

Post a Comment