Monday, November 20, 2023

All Things Miscellaneous on a Monday

Time is absolutely flying away from me - I cannot believe Thanksgiving is in TWO days!?! Truly - where has this year gone? I am just passing the time at work today - getting some last minute work things done - getting some last minute Thanksgiving things done - working on some Christmas things here and there! Tis' the season!


Isn't this ornament hilarious? I have seen things like this for a couple years now and it always made me smile - because Ryan and I did technically meet on the internet (eHarmony). This year I decided that it should be our ornament because it was just too funny and couldn't be left behind on Amazon, ha-ha! 

Our weekend started pretty casually with dinner out on Friday night and a Walmart run before heading home, watching some Gilded Age and crashing! Saturday morning I was a little lazy while Ryan ran some errands and then we headed to Aldie for the wedding of a dear family friend's daughter... and then our weekend really kicked off!

 


After the wedding ended, we headed up to PA for the rest of the weekend to have an early Thanksgiving with Ryan's family - and we also got to catch up with Ryan's friend Aaron too! We spent Saturday evening with Ryan's Aunt & Uncle, eating delicious YP Stromboli and reminiscing about family memories (they reminisced and I took it all in). It was wonderful to hear stories about Ryan's Dad's family that I haven't heard before and to spend with Aunt Naomi and Uncle Bernie! 



Sunday morning we met Aaron and his son Nash at Cracker Barrel for breakfast - Nash is getting so big and we had a great time catching up with them. Nash and I became fast friends and worked tirelessly on the peg board game, ha-ha! After breakfast, we headed to Keystone Church to attend the service with Ryan's cousin Geoff and his wife, Amy and then we headed to their house after the service to hang out for a couple hours - which is where Muffy (the pup) comes into play!



We drove around Lancaster a little bit on Sunday afternoon and I was able to see the farm where Ryan's Dad was born and raised; a place I'd never seen before, even though I've been to Lancaster so many times now! It was great to get to see a place that holds so much family history for Ryan - I always marvel at how large the Amish farmhouses are when we pass them and Ryan's families' home was no exception! 


Around 4 - we headed to Ryan's cousin Tim's house and had Thanksgiving with the extended family! I met Aunts and Uncles and Cousins that I'd not gotten to meet before and even got to have some of the delicious Lapp Chicken Corn Soup! Ryan and I ended up having to head out shortly before 6 since we had an almost two hour and forty-five minute drive home and work today - but it was a great weekend, even if it passed in a flash!

And now - Thanksgiving is in mere days and then the Christmas season will be in full swing! Time is flying y'all... time is flying! 

No comments:

Post a Comment