Tuesday, May 9, 2023

Stateside Once Again

Well - life is back to "normal" and we are back in the US of A! I cannot believe how quickly the last week and a half went by and I also really cannot believe that it's already May! We had a (mostly) great time in England; there were some hiccups along the way, as is usual with travel.

I wanted to share a couple photos from our first day in England - just popping in quickly to share - and hopefully I'll be able to share more from our trip as the week (and weekend) progress. My friend Danielle made my adorable sweatshirt that says "airplane mode" - which seems pretty appropriate, right? It was also cozy and comfortable for the flight!


My sister and my Dad picked us up from the airport (along with my MIL) and we spent a pretty low-key late afternoon and evening in Lindsey's little town. We had sandwiches waiting on us when we arrived, and so once we settled in and had a late lunch - we took a little walk around town!




The little town - like all the towns in the UK - were decorated and preparing for King Charles' coronation; it was fun to see all of the designs, décor and festivities that were all around the town! I've always loved walking around the town that Lindsey lives in and this trip was no exception; it's so great to have so many wonderful things just steps away... including the gorgeous Abbey Gardens!




 


We had some delicious vegetable beef soup for dinner and amazingly the jet lag wasn't too bad - we ended up sitting around Lindsey's table and playing some card games until a little before ten and then all decided to call it a night! It was a lovely little start to our trip to England!

No comments:

Post a Comment