Friday, May 12, 2023

Friday Favorites



I - for one - am very glad it's Friday! I only worked four days this week, but I had lots of post-work activities, the jet lag was still coming for me and all in all, I'm just glad to see the weekend! Also, a weekend that doesn't have too much going on! 

Six Months - Time flies when you're having fun and I cannot believe it, but Ryan and I have been married for six months! I know... I know... it's not like that's very long, but I honestly can't believe it's already been half a year! Some days it seems like it was just yesterday that we were celebrating our wedding!


We've got plans to have a nice dinner together - to spend quality time and plan and dream for the next six months, the next six years and our wonderful future beyond!

Home Updates - My sweet husband has no idea that I've got all these ideas in my head, but just the same... I do! I want to make each of the rooms of our house have a bit of a more cohesive feel and so I'd like to add small touches here and there to "pull" things together!

 


I've put together some mood boards of kind of what I'm thinking - red and white for the kitchen with red accents (because we have some red appliances). Navy and white in the master bedroom! White, Teal and Navy in the guest room and for the living room - navy/blue and gray with wood and iron furniture. I'm using a lot of things we already have and planning to just add accents!

Lazy Luna - I haven't been able to share much about our Luna lately since we've been abroad! She stayed with her former foster family while we were out of town; she does well there since she already knows them. She was thrilled to see me when I picked her up on Monday - and immediately reclaimed her spot on the couch!


The little goon has been enjoying taking her (multiple) daily naps stretched out on the couch - and after some thunderstorms rolled through earlier this week, she has also been enjoying naps on the guest bed upstairs! She is absolutely spoiled rotten!

Roses - Our rose bush is in bloom once more and I love it so much! I confess one of the things I noticed about our house (in December - but still) when we looked at it was the rose bush out front, and when we bought the house, I immediately named her Belle!



I knew she was looking like she was getting ready to bloom when we left for the UK - and sure enough, we returned home to blooms everywhere! I can't wait to watch them continue to bloom for the next couple months!

*******************************************

I'm so glad it's Friday and I can't wait to enjoy the weekend - we don't have much planned beyond some Mother's Day celebrations - and I'm pretty happy about that. Y'all have a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment