Wednesday, December 21, 2022

Lately - It's Almost Christmas!

Well - here we are. Just four days from Christmas and 10 days from the New Year! I honestly cannot believe how quickly this year has flown by; and of course, the last weekend also flew by pretty quickly too! I can't believe it's already Wednesday and I just have a day and a half of work left before Christmas holidays! 

The hubby and I kicked off our Saturday with breakfast at Patty's Place - a local spot that honestly looks like a hole in the wall but has delicious food! I have come to learn that hole in the wall places usually do have the best food! 


We did some things around our house, discussed some finances and goals for 2023 and then after lunch, we ended up going to some shops and spots around town for a little while just to get out of the house and enjoy the sunshine. We popped into Woodstock Gardens (formerly Fort Valley Nursery) and got delicious coffee from their café, before perusing some antique shops, Goodwill and Burke's just to see what kind of finds we could make.

 

We had a date night on Saturday night and headed to Woodstock Café - this spot is absolutely the best spot to eat in the area! They have the best food and while the menu is small, everything on it is expertly done and absolutely divine! Look at my beautiful Ricotta Ravioli with Pickled Sweet Peppers, Almond & Smoke Paprika Crumble and a Butternut Glaze - yes, it was as tasty as it sounds!

 



Ryan had some calamari, a salad with Pork Belly and the Café Burger, which he inhaled! I opted to have the special dessert which was a Vanilla Panna Cota with Pears and a Sugar Cookie Crumble - it was so divine! I've never had a bad meal at Woodstock Cafe, so if you're ever passing through the area - I highly recommend it! They also have a cute store in the back called The Pantry that's filled with awesome gift ideas! All their Christmas items are 50% off until the New Year - perfect time to stock up ahead of next Christmas!



Sunday was an exciting day - in that I ended up slipping on our stairs - but thankfully all is well and I wasn't hurt. We enjoyed church and then after some chilling in the afternoon, we headed to our friend Jamie and Brooke's house for a Christmas party - which was so much fun! We chatted with friends, had some delicious food and I even guessed the exact number of Hershey Kisses in the sleigh and won an Amazon gift card! 


Work is slowly starting to calm down a bit with Christmas just days away - when I arrived on Tuesday, I had a lovely box of See's Chocolates as part of my gift from my boss and my friend (and co-worker) and I will exchange Christmas presents tomorrow! I truly cannot believe how quickly this season and this year are flying by! 



I wanted to leave you with a picture of my fridge, covered in cards from our precious family and friends - I love seeing it so much! And of course, our silly pup peering over the edge of the couch at me! This precious season is speeding by and I hope to use the next few days to take it all in and enjoy time with my wonderful family and sweet friends. I hope you will be able to do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment