Friday, December 23, 2022

Have I Told You Lately - November & December

Guess what guys - I completely blanked on this for the month of November what with the wedding and the honeymoon and Thanksgiving and just catching up on life in general! So you get two months rolled into one - what a joy! And I know there is still another week of December - but between Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, a couple days of work and traveling to Asheville for Christmas Two - I'll probably be taking a small step back for the next week or so! Enjoy!


Eating & Drinking - It was too much for one picture, ha-ha! I'll start with the food but know that it's just a small recounting because there is SO much! In November I had my bachelorette party and we had dinner Brix 27 in Martinsburg on Friday night, I could not recommend a restaurant more - it was spectacular! Saturday night we ate at the Redbook Restaurant - a four course meal with wine pairings that was to die for! Of course, everything served at our wedding was amazing and somehow I cannot find pictures of our cake - which was the best! And then once we were in Jamaica... all the delicious meals at Sandals every night and when we returned home, we hosted Thanksgiving! Of course with the Christmas season, there are all the homemade treats and goodies to munch on...


All the drinks too ya'll! We started November with tea at Flour and Water in Woodstock and my sister and I had delicious cocktails and a wine flight at Brix 27 as part of my bachelorette weekend! We also made some cocktails of our own at the house, ha-ha! My bridesmaids brunch was filled with bubbly and coffee punch (always a huge hit). And goodness, once we arrived at Sandals there were slushy cocktails in every color and flavor, hand-delivered to your lounge chair on the beach... or at the pool... or at your restaurant table, ha-ha! My personal favorites were the Bob Marley and the Hummingbird! 

Reading - Guys. I have read next to nothing for the last two months! I took a book on the airplane to Jamaica, I took a book down to the beach and the pool, I even have a book beside my bed - but that doesn't mean I've read it. *face palm* Nothing has quite grabbed my attention! The only book I have finished in the last two months is The Greatest Gift by Philip van Doren Stern - it's the short story that inspired the movie It's A Wonderful Life.

I started reading Waypoints by Sam Heughan and Bringing Down the Duke by Evie Dunmore - but just couldn't get into either and so they are just hanging out! 

I finally forced myself to pick up Waypoints and started to get into it - so my reading goal for the year will actually be 29 books (maybe 30). I guess that's not too shabby!

Watching - Goodness... there are only three things that stand out to me as things I watched on TV recently: The Crown Season Five and Wednesday - both on Netflix and Jack Ryan on Amazon Prime. I found the fifth season of The Crown to be underwhelming, which is sad since I'd been looking forward to it's return! Wednesday was a random gamble but I absolutely loved it and can't wait to see additional seasons! I did love the Addams Family when I was little - even dressed as Morticia Addams one year for Halloween! My sister has wanted me to watch Jack Ryan for ages and my husband said we needed to watch it in preparation for the third season - so I took the plunge and I've really enjoyed it!

Not much to share on the movie front either! I suppose between getting married, going on a honeymoon and celebrating Thanksgiving - there wasn't a lot of time for other things! I did join my husband and parents to see the movie Devotion at the Alamo the day after Thanksgiving - the movie was excellent but I didn't like the ending, ha-ha! Granted - it's based on a true story, so I guess you can't really alter that too much!

Loving - I am loving being married! Perhaps that's cliché to say after only six (almost seven) weeks of marriage, but it's just the truth! It's so wonderful to share a life and a home with my best friend and so I must say - that's absolutely what I'm loving at this year comes to a close!

Wanting - Is it too much to want a White Christmas? I've had snow on Christmas Eve, but never on Christmas Day and I just feel like year thirty-eight is as good as any to have a White Christmas! Right now the weather is forecasting snow on Christmas Eve... but maybe that will change and happen a day later? 

Quoting - "He who has not Christmas in his heart will never find it under a tree." - Roy L. Smith

********************************************************

And just like that - 2022 is almost nothing but memories - but what precious memories they are! I cannot believe this year is already coming to a close - what a year it's been!

No comments:

Post a Comment