Friday, December 16, 2022

Five on Friday

It's Friday - and can y'all believe, next Friday will be Christmas Eve Eve?!? This month has absolutely flown by and I cannot believe we are only fifteen days away from the New Year! It's true that time flies when you are having fun and I also fully believe that time moves even faster the older you get!

One. A New Office - My office has had quite a bit of upheaval in the last few weeks! I arrived home from my honeymoon to learn that one of my co-workers had quite while I was gone, and so that has made work... interesting... for the last few weeks! While things have been a little crazy, a lot of good has come from the change - and one of those is I got a new office!




I have worked in the front office that is open to the entire building since I started at my job almost eight years ago - I was hired to be a receptionist and I've grown from there. Since I am planning to continue to grow within the company, I was given an office that is separate from the rest of the office, with a door and four walls, ha-ha! I have enjoyed fixing it just the way I want it all week!

Two. Chop Chop - I loved having long hair and I loved that for our wedding, I was able to have a long and beautiful braid! Everything looked so wonderful for the wedding... but now that about a month has passed, having such long hair was starting to drive me a little crazy! Don't get me wrong - it was beautiful - but I also felt like it was a little bit of a dead weight on my head!


So on Wednesday I went to see my friend Melissa, who is a stylist extraordinaire and showed her two pictures of potential hairstyles... and I told her to pick one and go for it, ha-ha! She said "are you sure" and I confirmed I was... and then she said "well okay, because your hair is gone now!" My head feels so much lighter and I love having shorter hair! I can't wait to spend some time playing with it this weekend and seeing what I can do with my new "do".

Three. Ice Ice Baby - Well, our first Winter weather of the season has come and gone! All week we had been building toward a potential ice storm and it arrived overnight on Wednesday! I have to say that it always amazes me the difference a few miles can make - because at Ryan and I's house, it just came down a flood of ice pellets from 7:30 AM to noon... but at my parents, all it did was rain!



I worked from home and thankfully we didn't lose power at any point - I know some friends just down the road from us (less than five miles away) did lose power! I ended up playing some Christmas movies in the background while I worked and listened to the ice pelt the windows - blah! Here's hoping that the next Winter weather that arrives will be snow and not ice!

Four. Weekend Plans - I cannot believe it's the weekend before Christmas... although I guess that's technically next weekend, but by the afternoon of the 23rd I'll already be in full on Christmas mode, ha-ha! So I think of this as the weekend before Christmas because in my mind - this is the last weekend to get stuff done! I know - we aren't all like that, but that's my take on it!

We don't have a ton of plans this weekend! We are currently binge-watching Jack Ryan because my husband has seen the first two seasons and wants to watch the third...but he wants me to watch it too. So, I am playing catch-up! We are gonna have breakfast at a local diner tomorrow and have a big goals and planning meeting for our 2023 and then have date night on Saturday evening! And Sunday - church and a Christmas party with friends on Sunday night! 

Five. AI Pictures - Did anyone else play with this when it was all the rage a few weeks ago? I couldn't resist and while some of them came out looking... pretty crazy... some of them were pretty spot on! I thought I'd share some of my favorites, just for fun!

 


I have always loved fantasy and I feel like that bottom left looks like something out of Lord of the Rings - maybe it's my elf personality, ha-ha! And now that I've cut my hair off, I definitely think the bottom right is pretty spot on! Technology can be wild, weird and wonderful!

***************************************************

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend before Christmas - and if you aren't done with your shopping, best get out there and get it done!

No comments:

Post a Comment