Monday, January 31, 2022

The Last Monday of January

Once again - it's Tuesday and I'm writing this but I'm going to post it on Monday - because I'm sneaky like that. My blog allows me to time travel and so that's pretty cool, right? I cannot believe the weekend is already over... I swear it just started!

 

It snowed again on Friday and so my drive home was interesting.. at least for me. The snow wasn't really sticking to the road and so it probably didn't phase anyone but me, but I felt a certain bit of anxiety cruising down the Interstate in the snow! No matter though - I made it home safe and sound to have enjoy Friday Night Pizza & a Movie with my favorite guy(s)... because I had to include my little Watson in there. Ryan humored me and snapped a picture with me - I still find snow mesmerizing after all these years, ha-ha!


 

It was absolutely frigid on Saturday - the wind was the culprit, whipping down the mountains and through the valley where the temperature was hovering at around 20! Not exactly the day for doing outdoor activities, so Ryan and I hopped in the car and headed for The Alamo to see Redeeming Love - and my goodness what a wonderful movie. The movie is based on the book of the same name by Francine Rivers - which is inspired by the story of Hosea & Gomer from the Bible. Such a beautiful picture of the love Christ has for us - no matter how many times we may turn away, He is always there to bring us back to His side, arms wide open.




I spent Saturday afternoon doing all sorts of things around the house (Ryan and I's house) - watched a little bit of TV and cooked some Cowboy Stew for dinner before Ryan headed to work an overnight shift. I like to make sure that he stays well fed - especially when he's working overnight shifts! It seemed like Saturday passed in absolutely a blink of an eye and before I knew it I was crawling into my cozy bed at my parent's house! 



Sunday morning Ryan and I went to first service because it started right after he got off work and I had nursery in 2nd service - so that worked out well for both of us. Ryan joined my Mom and I in the nursery to shadow since he's going to start staying in the nursery with me... and it was hilarious to watch him interact with the little people. He tried so hard to get one of the babies to play with him - she's a tough nut to crack though!

After a lunch of Panda Express, I started some laundry and took a little cat nap. Then it was time to address all the Save the Dates and send them on their way - thankfully I had assistance from my parents in the addressing and sealing - I'd have been there a while if not, ha-ha! We had chili and Rotel for dinner while watching the football games (I'll be cheering for the Bengals on Super Bowl Sunday) and the weekend came to a close much too quickly. I feel like I blinked and I missed it. *shrugs*

No comments:

Post a Comment