Saturday, January 22, 2022

Progression to Peace - Word of the Year

I'm quite behind y'all - I've been meaning to share this post since the start of the New Year and February is already looming large on the calendar! Certainly work has been wild to say the least and life has been quite a whirlwind itself over the last 12 months - my word of the year for 2021 was certainly spot on.

Perhaps I should back up - each year I pray and choose a word that I feel is meant to be a focus for the year ahead. Last year a word that continued to pop up over and over again in all my readings, research and more was the word "progression" - and so I finally decided about mid-January that "progression" was meant to be my word. 

The short and sweet definition of progression is: to move forward. I'd say that while at this time last year I wouldn't have believed it, my life has absolutely seen progression over the last year. I quite literally write this from the living room of my new home - and that is just one way my life experienced progression. The Lord always knows what He is doing and placing this word on my mind and my heart for 2021 was a promise of things to come for the year 


I met Ryan online in February (the day after Valentine's Day - funnily enough) and we met in person in March... we celebrated our first Easter together in April, he traveled to Mississippi and met my extended family in May and proposed to me in June! Ryan moved to Virginia in August and I said "Yes" to the dress for our wedding in late Autumn... we celebrated our first Thanksgiving and our first Christmas and purchased our first home the second week of January 2022. Quite the progression!

Progression is a funny thing because with the joy and happiness and forward motion has also come a bit more anxiety and of course, a new and precious person to worry about - and I'm well aware - worry and anxiety are not things to allow to trouble me. That's why for 2022 my word is Peace - a word I think will be quite necessary for the year ahead.


The Lord is the Prince of Peace and promises peace to all who keep their minds focused on Him - while I certainly feel like my life progressed in 2021, I also feel like my faith progressed as well. However, an area where my faith needs to grow is in being still in the peace of Christ. The peace in all areas of life and knowing that no matter what - the Prince of Peace has me in the palm of His hand; that He has those that I love in the palm of His hand. 

This year I hope to learn to calm my heart and mind - focus on faith and not on fear - choose to feel the peace that passes all understanding and bring that peace into my life in all areas. 

Did you choose a word for 2022? If so - feel free to share your word in the comments!

1 comment: