Tuesday, January 25, 2022

It's the Last Week of January

Nothing quite like stating the obvious I suppose - right? I honestly say that because I can't believe it's the last (full) week of January. Normally it feels like January drags on for months but here we are with less than 10 days to go. I suppose closing on a house, moving into that house and trying to get that house set up on the weekends will make time pass pretty quickly? And work - my work days (especially right now) always feel like they speed by.


Watson was introduced to the new house last weekend and he seemed to adjust pretty well to his second home in Virginia. Ryan said he thoroughly enjoyed the heated seats in his car on the ride over... as well as taking in the snowy countryside; the new house is located in an area that's a little more rural than my parent's home. Watson also very quickly found his happy place near the (fake) fireplace in the master bedroom and spent most of the day sleeping there!



The sunset on Friday evening was absolutely stunning - driving to the new house on the interstate is certainly a different drive but being able to see the sun setting behind the mountains as I drive toward our house is a nice treat. Friday night I tried Hamburger Helper for the first time... and you might think I'm kidding but I promise I'm not! We just didn't eat Hamburger Helper growing up and so Ryan whipped up some for dinner and after we ate, we relaxed and watched a movie together. It was a great way to start the weekend - and Watson enjoyed his first taste of Hamburger Helper too!

 

 

Friday night and into Saturday morning were some of the coldest days on record - I believe - with the temperature Friday night and into the morning hovering around 1. That's right... it was a whole degree. Thankfully our heat works exceptionally well and so we didn't freeze to death, ha-ha! Watson thoroughly enjoyed exploring the front yard and the back yard and even other people's yards around the new house.... ha-ha! He even spotted the neighbors not one but two yellow cats (that I've nicknamed Butters) - although I think he'd do well to steer clear of them since they looks like they'd slap his face off. *grimace*



We spent a huge chunk of Saturday hanging up pictures and such all around the house... I ended up going to the nearby Dollar General (not super clean but seemed well organized) and also explored two antique stores that are less than a tenth of a mile from the new house! I also got sucked into watching the first season of Bridgerton yet again - I really do so enjoy that show and all the delightful British quirks and quandaries! Watson and I braved the cold for several walks and we were both able to walk on top of the snow like champs... because everything is pretty much frozen solid.


Church on Sunday morning was really excellent - the church's theme for 2022 is "Rooted" - and we have kicked off the year talking about how to best be rooted in Christ, in prayer and in community within your church family! Ryan and I also registered for the Marriage Conference that the church holds each year - they encourage all engaged couples to attend too - and so we are all signed up for that!

We went out for lunch after church and then perused Ollie's for a little bit before Ryan had to get home and get some sleep ahead of his night shift. I worked on some calendar things, budget things and did some reading before making spaghetti for dinner and making sure Ryan got a nice meal before he headed off to work for the night. Watson and I unboxed packages at my parent's house and then settled in for bed!


Monday morning when I woke up - the world was dusted with white again - apparently the potential snow predictions for overnight had come true and everything was covered in a light layer of frosting. I swept the sidewalk before heading out to work... and I cannot believe that there is less than a week left of January! Wow! 

No comments:

Post a Comment