Tuesday, August 31, 2021

Life Lately - August

Every month I'm surprised that yet another month has come and gone - you'd think it didn't happen that way every year, right? I think every year seems to pass quicker and quicker and I've been told that won't change as I get older - so perhaps that's why I feel like time is flying?
 

Eating - The month of August started off with me getting to experience a blast from Ryan's past: Dockside Willies! Ryan worked here while he was in college and he was so excited to share this spot with me! We got River Rocks (pizza dough balls filled with meats and cheeses), a Chili-smothered potato and some Buffalo Wings and it was all delicious! We also got to try Nightingale Ice Cream Sandwiches and they absolutely lived up to the hype - Key Lime Pie and Birthday Cake were my favorites!


We had some divine meals in Florida - my MIL and her boyfriend grilled two different nights and the food was so tasty and flavorful! We also made sure to snag some Butterbeer while at Universal Studios and I had to buy a freeze-dried ice cream sandwich before we left the Kennedy Space Center. The month closed out with the beginning of cake testings for the wedding - we had Whiskey Cake with Caramel Swiss Buttercream, Red Velvet with Cream Cheese Icing and Chocolate Cake with Cookies & Cream American Buttercream... and they even brought us some heavenly macarons to try too!

Watching - It's been a bit of a Marvel month with a little Jesus thrown in for good measure. We've been watching the show The Chosen (we found episodes on YouTube) and we've finished the first season. The Chosen is the largest crowd-funded television series and follows the story of Jesus as he calls his disciples and begins his ministry. We've still got to get to the second season, but we're pretty hooked! Ryan and I are so close to finishing Loki on Disney+ and we finally got around to watching Black Widow as well - which we liked - but I don't know that it will go down as a favorite for either of us!

Wearing - I know everyone wanted to see my feet, right? While I was in Florida I bought some Under Armour slides on the way home from Universal because my shoes were still wet (water ride problems) - they were just $25 and they have been the best purchase! They are so comfortable and cute! I've also been wearing the clothes I grabbed from Marks & Spencer when I was in the UK - especially the leopard print tee!


I've also been embracing my headband collection and wearing them on the regular! And lastly, I'm back to wearing face masks when I'm going in and out, because apparently even though I'm fully vaccinated that's now the best way to care for myself and other people. 

Bought - I purchased some Raycon earbuds this month; they are wireless and come highly recommended. I had a discount code from listening to Annie F. Down's podcast - That Sounds Fun - and with exercise about to become very important to me again, I'll need good earbuds! They're set to arrive today, so fingers crossed that they're awesome!

Want - I want to have a good Labor Day weekend... I want to have a great time showing Ryan Nationals Park and exploring DC a bit. I want to have a restful weekend and enjoy my upcoming Monday off.


I want to get a caterer and cake baker nailed down for wedding plans before my parents go out of town in late September. I want to have a wonderful rest of the year... the "BER" months are always my favorite months of the year and I can't wait to enjoy the last quarter of the year!

Reading - *sigh* I need to get back to my reading again! This month I did read The Maidens by Alex Michaelides and We Are the Brennans by Tracey Lange and both were great! The Maidens was definitely the favorite though and I ended up devouring the second half in one afternoon! I'm in the process of reading Not A Happy Family by Shari Lapena and it's getting more intriguing by the chapter! I still have a list of books to read (56 Days, All but My Life, Kate: The Future Queen, Battle of Brothers... just to name a few). My future MIL also sent me My Dear Hamilton by Laura Kaye & Stephanie Dray to read - so I gotta get on that too!

****************************************

Happy August y'all - I hope you had a good month and I hope the months ahead are wonderful too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment