Monday, August 30, 2021

Backing Out...

The title sounds worse than it is - just like throwing your back out sounds worse than it is... maybe? This weekend definitely played out a little bit different than I'd imagined it would when I ended up throwing my back out on Friday shortly before lunchtime! Cue the feelings of being an old lady - although I had numerous people tell me that it's completely common - regardless of your age!

I went to get the mail on Friday shortly before lunch and as I leaned forward to take the mail from the mailbox, pain seared across my back and I knew something wasn't quite right. I struggled to get back to the car but once I was seated the pain was minimal and I figured I'd go ahead to Home Goods and Firehouse Subs before heading back to the office. And I did just that - even though it was a little hard to walk. Once I got back to the office, it just became progressively worse until my co-worker all but called my parents to come pick me up shortly after 2:00 and my Dad almost had to carry me to the car. *sigh*


The hours between 2:00 and 6:00 on Friday were extremely humbling for me. The pain was so bad that I could not walk without serious assistance and my Mom actually had to help me put on my pajama pants once I got home. Praise the Lord for Tiger Balm, heating pads and Advil Liqui-Gels because thankfully I was able to start waddling around shortly after 6:00 and as long as I had a wall to hold on to, I was pretty good to go! I ended up being able to make laps around the island and head to my car shortly before 7:00 to pick up Ryan from work!

 

 

He so sweetly picked up Panda Express for us and we ate out Chinese while watching Loki on Disney+ and fending off Watson, who tried valiantly to crawl onto the couch and help himself to some Beijing Beef and Orange Chicken; the little stinker! Thankfully after a hearty application of Tiger Balm, some Advil and a heating pad combined with a good night sleep really did work some wonders for my poor back! I woke up on Saturday feeling a bit stiff but after some coffee, breakfast and walking around a bit - I was feeling much improved! Hallelujah! 


I took it easy for Saturday but did grab some Mexican food for lunch and was thrilled with myself when I discovered my fiancĂ©'s favorite Sweet Lebanon bologna at Aldi - what a win! We also had cupcakes delivered for our first cake tasting and that was a pretty thrilling moment too... probably more so for me than it was for Ryan! *laughs* Ryan and I had a nice evening in: we made chicken and broccoli for dinner, finally watched Black Widow on Disney+ and sampled our cupcakes: Whiskey with Caramel Swiss Buttercream, Red Velvet with Cream Cheese Icing and Chocolate Cake with Cookies & Cream American Buttercream! All of them were pretty divine but out favorite of the three? Whiskey Cake with Caramel Swiss Buttercream - it was to die for! 



Crumbs and Crumbles also delivered some of their stunning macarons as a part of the tasting and they were almost too pretty to eat! Almost! They were also divine and Crumbs and Crumbles has definitely made a fantastic impression on us so far! 


Sunday was a great day - the House Party worship service at church was absolutely excellent and so extremely touching and inspiring! We had a delicious lunch at Roma's and then Ryan and I explored an outdoor flea market, found some crazy good deals at Goodwill and grabbed a couple things at Wal-Mart before heading home to relax. We organized some of his clothes and had a little couples prayer and worship time together before having some Five Guys for dinner and watching NFL preseason football.

It was a good weekend - a really good weekend - in spite of the uncomfortableness that I was feeling for most of the weekend. I'm feeling much better today and so glad that I am on the mend. This week promises to be full and the weekend ahead will also be full; I'm looking forward to the month of September and the goodness that the rest of the year will hold!

No comments:

Post a Comment