Monday, February 22, 2021

Well that Escalated Quickly

How is it Monday again already? I swear - I feel like I blinked and this weekend flew by! And now there is just one week of February left! January lasted for years and I feel like February has really flown right by. Granted, if that puts me closer to warmer weather - I don't mind even a little bit. 

  

I went back a little farther than the start of the weekend - I wanted to share just a couple pictures from the snow and ice event we had on Thursday of last week. The weather moved in overnight and it did some form of snowing, sleeting or just spitting ice all day long, which meant when all was said and done - everything was frozen into a nice white shell! 

Friday night - in bitter cold temperatures - the family and I made our way to Upperville to have dinner at Hunter's Head Tavern! It has been quite a while since I've been to Hunter's Head and I was thrilled when our waitress announced that the special was the Chicken Pot Pie, which is absolutely the tastiest thing ever! I also grabbed a cocktail called Early Spring (it hasn't made Spring arrive early) and some Sticky Toffee Pudding for dessert - it was to die for! 

Doesn't Hunter's Head look so idyllic in the snow and setting sun? I couldn't resist snapping a picture because it just looked perfectly picturesque.

 

Saturday wasn't too busy but it felt like it just flew by - I had coffee and breakfast; got in my exercise and got dressed and ready for the day ahead. I met a friend for a late lunch and got the most divine Raspberry White Chocolate Mocha afterwards! I certainly wish I was a little closer to the Espresso Bar in Winchester so I could pop over and get another... although that might become dangerous to my fitness goals! The family grabbed Mexican food for dinner and watched The Truman Show as a recommendation from a family friend... we didn't quite get the hype though.

 

Sunday morning I wanted to stay in bed... but I finally drug myself out of the warm covers and had my coffee before catching church online and getting ready for the day. I had brunch/lunch at Regions 117 - and I had what might be the best pancakes I've ever eaten in my life - they were divine and filled with juicy blueberries! The lake was frozen over... and a poor decorative plant outside the clubhouse was also feeling the brunt of the cold weather! 


I ended up being pretty spectacularly lazy all afternoon on Sunday - I actually took an afternoon nap, which I haven't done on Sunday is ages! I chatted with my little sister a bit and then went to dinner with another friend - the food at El Centro on the Walking Mall is always so delicious! I came home in time to watch Home Town and get myself together for the work week ahead. I honestly feel like I blinked and the weekend passed by in a flash. 

Thank goodness another weekend is always on the horizon, am I right? 

No comments:

Post a Comment