Thursday, February 18, 2021

I'm So Behind!

 It's Thursday... and I'm just now sharing about last weekend. Y'all - I know. I'm so behind, ha-ha! I've been distracted this week - by life - but in a good way. It's doing some variation of snowing...sleeting... whatever outside my window right now and I'm very over the Winter weather.

It's been chilly pretty much non-stop since I can't remember when - and I guess that makes sense because it is Winter! Friday was no exception but I got some macarons for an early Valentine and that certainly warmed my heart (and my stomach). After dinner out and grabbing food for potential impending Winter weather, I joined a Noonday party online and caught up on WandaVision on Disney+. I cannot stress how good that show it - so excellent!

I wish I could Saturday was really exciting but it wasn't, ha-ha. An example of that would be that I have all of one picture and it's of waffles, ha-ha! I honestly don't remember what I did all day on Saturday, isn't that sad? I know it did some kind of weird rain/sleet thing and so after grabbing lunch and perusing Target a bit, it was just best to be back at the house instead of out on the roads. So - I guess I did remember what I did on Saturday and it was not lot. I did have a S'mores waffle for dinner though!


Sunday was cold - but there wasn't any rain or snow - hallelujah! We made our way to Martinsburg, WV to have a Valentine's Day brunch at the historic McFarland House. The house is a Bed & Breakfast and is quite lovely; the chef has won awards for his cooking and so everything we ate was delicious! 




I got a Mimosa Flight - grapefruit, cranberry and orange - they were all three very tasty! Of course, as you can see... I finished them right up! I especially enjoyed my personal Chicken Pot Pie and the Blueberry Crepe - but everything was good. I was impressed with how they managed to coordinate a buffet type meal while maintaining COVID guidelines - everything went pretty smooth; it worked like a well oiled machine.


After coming home, I took Watson down to the lake and surprise... surprise... it was even more frozen than the last time we took a walk down. Watson hopped and jumped along the stream and had a grand time - so grand that he hurt his paw and so as we walked back home, I noticed he was bleeding! He got a bath and got his foot all cleaned up and we spent the rest of the evening inside, eating Valentines chocolate and watching TV! And looking forward to not having to go to work on Monday - I mean, I looked forward to that. Watson never has to go to work! 


The final picture is the King Cake I whipped up to share with my co-workers! None of them had ever experienced the joy of having King Cake and so I thought I'd make one and introduce it to them! It went over really well and made work on Tuesday a little brighter! 

No comments:

Post a Comment