Friday, August 28, 2020

Five on Friday


One. Exploring Local - If there is one thing I'm always excited about, it's having good food and this evening I'm planning to explore some delicious local places for dinner and perhaps a little dessert!


Old Dominion Doggery is a local spot that has gourmet hot dogs and hamburgers - just take a look at that menu above and look at all the delicious options! My stomach is growling just thinking about it! I'm not a big hot dog person (nitrates + brain = headache) but some of those hamburgers sound pretty tasty!


Fortunately (perhaps unfortunately for my diet but hey - you have to live sometimes) right across the street from the Old Dominion Doggery is some of the best ice cream I've ever eaten at Sugar Creek Snowy & Sweet Co. Hopefully the hardest decision I have to make today is what flavor of ice cream to choose!

Two. Finally... the Movies - I am actually going to the movies this weekend and I have to say, I'm pretty excited! All the seats are socially distanced with "buffer seating" and I'll be remaining masked unless I'm taking a sip of my drink but I'm honestly just thrilled that I can go to the theater again and see a new run movie!


This will be the first time I've gone to the theater to see a new run movie since the first weekend of March - that's wild! While it will be a totally different experience, I'm just glad it's an experience I get to start having again!

Three. Planning - Another thing I'll be doing soon (next weekend) is a wee bit of traveling! I'm going to Pittsburgh for Labor Day weekend and I'm quite excited! I've never been to Pittsburgh and so I've been researching places to go and things to see! Some friends have chimed in with recommendations and so I'm ready to see the city!


The original Pittsburgh plan was to visit when the Nationals were playing the Pirates at PNC Park - but I think at this point everyone knows that this year's baseball season doesn't include fans in the stands. Another thing that will be different than I'd originally planned but a reminder that different doesn't always mean bad! 

Four. Autumn Vibes - I was walking my pup around the neighborhood last night and noticed the most perfect little splash of red in the midst of all the green... it's a leaf that's already fallen from a neighbor's tree! 


While a part of me thought "hey buddy - it's not even September yet..." I'd be lying if I didn't admit that a larger part of me was like "but hey - September is in just a couple days!" I do love Fall y'all - and I am not ashamed to say I can't wait for all the leaves!

Five. Blast from the Past - I leave you with this terrifying image that popped up in my Time Hop today and made me crack up. Most of the time my dog is absolutely the cutest and most snuggly but wow... apparently when I took this picture that was not the case!


Holy crap - what a face! Right? I don't know that I've ever caught a shot like this again... thank goodness.

******************************************

That's all she wrote for this Five on Friday! Enjoy your weekend, wear your face mask and be kind to other people because being mean sucks! That's all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment