Friday, July 24, 2020

Five on Friday


One. Key Lime Pie - During one of my many perusals of Pinterest I happened upon a recipe for a Weight Watchers approved Key Lime Pie and it piqued my interest. I've made some WW-friendly desserts before and they've been terrible... so I was a little apprehensive, to say the least. However, I whipped this one up and it was delicious! The best thing about the recipe is that it could be modified to make almost any kind of fruit pie! 

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1332wFdn606V906seh-ePXHVpfY5npmaY

What You Need
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 1 small box sugar-free Lime jello
  • 2 containers Key Lime yogurt (Dannon Light & Fit)
  • 8 ounces Light Cool Whip; thawed
  • 1 9 inch Graham Cracker Crust
  • 2 Limes (optional - for garnish)
What To Do
  • Microwave the 1/4 cup water about a minute, until boiling. Whisk the lime jello powder into the boiling water until completely dissolved.
  • Whisk the yogurt into the lime jello until well combined.
  • Fold in the Cool Whip until the filling is smooth.
  • Pour the filling into the graham cracker crust and smooth. Refrigerate pie for at least four hours until set. 
You can add an option garnish of some lime wedges or some dollops of Cool Whip! This pie is easy to make and delicious to eat! It's also not a calorie busting dessert option! 

Two. Opening Day 2020 - Well. I suppose as with all things that have happened this year, Opening Day was nothing like I anticipated, starting with the fact that not only was I not in the stands... no one was in the stands. The game was aired on ESPN and ooh boy - I've never seen a group of commentators so biased for one team as opposed to the other - you'd have thought only the Yankees were playing. *eye roll*

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=16cEBRQR5qDKyQjxyjbqc34BBjFrKjrZd

The Nationals beloved Juan Soto tested positive for COVID-19 hours before the first pitch, ESPN aired a Taco Bell commercial instead of showing the raising on the Nationals World Series banner and the National Anthem and in true 2020 fashion, around the sixth inning the heavens opened up and poured out their fury, causing a rain delay and eventually for the game to be called. *sigh* 59 games to go....

Three. After the Rain - The weather this week has been all kinds of wild! The temperatures have hovered at over 90 degrees until afternoon storms move through, bringing torrential downpours, thunder and whipping winds... and blessedly, they cool things off a little bit.


Wednesday evening after the downpours had passed, I looked outside and spotted a big rainbow arcing across the skies. The picture isn't the best - but I love seeing any rainbow and can't ever resist snapping a picture!

Four. The Shrinking Continues - My commitment to Weight Watchers is continuing to pay dividends on an almost weekly basis. I had to divest my closet of some clothes that no longer fit last weekend and also discovered some clothes that I haven't worn in a while - that now fit perfectly!


I've got big plans to keep on pressing on with it - so who knows what I might look like by the end of the year?

Five. Weekend Plans - Oh man, I don't know what my weekend plans are! I know I'll be returning a bathing suit to Target and also buying plenty of dental floss after a less than fabulous visit to the dentist today. *sigh* Otherwise, only time will tell what I might get up on the final weekend (final full weekend I suppose) of July!

************************************************

Y'all have a good weekend! I am going to do my best to enjoy my weekend as it unfolds! 

No comments:

Post a Comment