Friday, July 3, 2020

Five on Friday

Five on Friday: Local Ownership, Lead Magnets and Lessons Learned ...

One. Hamilton - Today's the day! Hamilton is finally streaming in all it's glory on Disney+ and I've resisted the urge to watch it as soon as I got up (mostly because I was going somewhere) but I'll be settling onto my couch to sing along to all the songs this evening and I cannot wait! This will be my first time watching Hamilton and I am beyond thrilled.

Hamilton movie streams on Disney Plus July 3. How to watch the hit ...

I downloaded the soundtrack last week and I have been listening to the music almost Non-Stop (show reference) so I know most of the words and cannot wait to see it performed live! It's likely the closest I'll get to the show for a while too - the tour that was meant to be at the Kennedy Center has been cancelled and Broadway is closed through January 2021 - thanks so much COVID.

Anyone else thrilled to watch Hamilton (for the first time) this weekend? Something tells me I'll watch it more than once...

Two. Three Day Weekend - I think this one is pretty self-explanatory... who among us doesn't feel like Maria and want to run through a field singing when you get an extra day added to your weekend?

Hello THREE DAY WEEKEND meme - Sound of Music (59273) • MemesHappen

I think that I won't be resting on my laurels this three day weekend though - I know I've got plans for Friday (waterfalls & Hamilton) and there will no doubt be some kind of plan for Saturday since it's actually July 4th... not sure how that will work with the 'Rona... and Sunday along with church I'll be packing up all the supplies I've had here at home to return to the office on Monday!

Three. Waterfalls - Just up the Interstate about 2 hours (a little less) is Blackwater Falls State Park and there are TWO waterfalls to take in, as well as some beautiful West Virginia countryside and so I'll be setting out on Friday morning to take in the sights of the State Park!


Blackwater Falls - A Deep Creek Day Trip

The park also has a full service dining room and so I think we (my family) will probably grab our lunch there in between or before taking in the gorgeous waterfalls and scenery! 

Four. My Dog is Cute - I couldn't resist sharing these two pictures I took of Watson on Wednesday night! The little old man has been having some tough times the last few weeks...being on antibiotics for a bladder infection and sometimes the medicine makes him sick to his stomach. I know I'll be glad when he's done with it!



Ever the champ, he just takes it in stride and continues to be the happiest little guy there ever was - just pleased to get to take naps in the sunshine, go on long walks around the neighborhood and get treats at the end of the day! 

Five. Hamilton as a Thin Place - I wanted to share this article that Erin Moon wrote about her experience seeing Hamilton live and how deeply the music touched her... as well as how she saw the gospel throughout the songs. I will confess I'm not always listening to as much contemporary christian/worship music as I am other things - don't get me wrong, I have songs that I love - but it's just not at the top of my playlist...

Rambles of an Impatient Girl: #MusicMonday: Wait For It - Hamilton ...

I fully believe the Lord can speak through whatever medium He chooses - and I've been hearing His voice through the song Wait for It - and maybe I'll share more about that at another time. I'm still listening, thinking and praying on that... *smiles* but please click on the link below and read Erin's post! 


*******************************************************************

Alright friends (or maybe just my family... I'm still convinced they're the only people that read my ramblings...) I'm enjoying my three day weekend and I hope you are too! Be safe - wear your mask - and have a good Fourth of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment