Thursday, June 18, 2020

Thursday Things

I will be on a long weekend style vacation that begins later this afternoon, so instead of Five on Friday I'm doing some things I am loving on this Thursday... coincidentally there are five things. I don't plan it that way - I'm just that good!


Fire in the Sky - The sunset on Tuesday night was pretty spectacular... I don't know that my iPhone can ever truly do sunsets justice. Granted, I don't know that pictures can ever truly capture the grandeur of nature - but I'm still going to try.




Those pictures were taken as the sun was setting - the light through the front door turned the whole entry a bright orange shade that was impossible to capture in a picture. *sigh* So gorgeous! 

On the Mend - My sweet little puppy dog is recovering from a bladder infection! He went to the vet on Monday afternoon and came home with a whole arsenal of medication that he's taking daily like a champ! He also got his rabies vaccination, so I'm sure he's not super pleased with me at this point.


I guess going to the vet is tiring because I took this picture of him on Monday night and he was out like a light!

Matchy Matchy - I painted my toenails with a color that has Coral in the name... but after walking in the backyard at my parent's and spying the roses that were in bloom, I think the polish would be more appropriately named for the almost hot pink blooms!


Blast from the Past - Oh man... I went on a trip back in time earlier this week when I decided to peruse my scrapbooks from high school! I know that I remember when I was in high school I thought I was terribly fat and I look at this picture and just crack up.... I wish I could be that "fat" again.


I'm sure it's those crazy teenager hormones that make everything seem so intense and much more exaggerated than it actually is. It's no wonder my Mom used to look at me like I was nuts when I'd say things like that! This picture is from the morning of Junior Prom! Wow! 

A Few Laughs - Last but not least, a few things that have made me laugh this week. My friend text me earlier this week and said that someone could announce there was a zombie apocalypse and at this point - we'd probably all believe them. She's not wrong.




So that's what I've got for this Thursday - or as I like to also call it: Friday Eve! I'll be in the mountains (of Tennessee as opposed to Virginia) for the weekend and I'm sure I'll have plenty of pictures once I return! 

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment