Friday, December 13, 2019

Five on Friday

It's the second weekend of December and it's the DC Christmas Weekend! I'll be spending the weekend in DC with my family taking in all the sights and sounds... so of course, most of my Friday Five are devoted to all things DC and Christmas related! 

Image result for five on friday holiday"

One. Enchant - Y'all... doesn't that picture down there look magical? Well, I'll be taking that all in tonight at Nationals Park... alas, the rain chance is 100% with locally heavy rainfall possible - so it might not be quite as magical. I suppose only time will tell. However, there is shopping and food under the concourse (where the rain will not be) and of course, there's the Team Store where there will be World Series merchandise. *smile*


Image result for enchant christmas dc"

I'm sincerely hoping the rain will stall long enough for us to be able to take in the maze and everything on the field without having to try and wield both a camera and an umbrella... I suppose we shall see. We'll make the best of it, regardless!

Two. Fiddler on the Roof - We are going to see Fiddler on the Roof at the National Theatre on Saturday night and while I consider myself a pretty well-versed fan of Broadway and theater... I know very little about Fiddler on the Roof, so I'm pretty excited! We've seen a play at the National Theatre before and the venue is great - so I'm excited to return to see something new (to me)!


Image result for fiddler on the roof the national theater"

Anyone out there a huge fan of Fiddler on the Roof? Let me know!

Three. Christmas in DC - There is so much to see in DC during the Christmas season and I'm sure we'll be taking in those sights and sounds on Saturday during the day! The rain is supposed to taper off on Saturday morning and the temperatures will be in the 50's - so that makes for a good day of exploration!


Image result for National Christmas Tree 2019"

I'm sure we'll pop over to see the National Christmas Tree and maybe pop into the Botanical Gardens because they are also decorated so perfectly. We could also check out the tree in front of the Capitol and the tree in Union Station - seriously - so many things to see! I'm sure we won't lack for things to do! I think we are also planning to attend church at the National Cathedral on Sunday morning - and I'm sure that will be lovely.

Four. The Willard Intercontinental - Along those same lines, seeing the Gingerbread House at the Willard Intercontinental is always fun... and we will be staying at the Willard, so I'll have plenty of time to check that out!


Image result for the willard intercontinental washington dc"

The hotel is storied and grand and the Christmas decorations are always absolutely the most lovely! I've stayed there once before but it was in the middle of the summer and there were not grand Christmas decorations... so I can't wait to take in all that holly jolly goodness!

Five. Friday Funnies; the Baby Yoda Edition - Have y'all been watching The Mandalorian? My sister and I are thoroughly enjoying it and we especially love Baby Yoda... and apparently the whole world does too! The memes that have come from all things Baby Yoda are constantly being shared between my sister and I - and I thought I'd share some of my favorites here!

*giggle*

I showed my Dad this one & he laughed...

Excuse the language - it's just funny.

My sister sent me this & I cackled...
Can't wait to watch the new episode of The Mandalorian tonight - perhaps I'll watch it en route to DC tonight! 

***************************************

That's all she wrote for this Friday on the second week of December! I'm off to DC to enjoy all the festivities that the city has to offer! Y'all have a good weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment