Friday, December 6, 2019

Five on Friday

It's the first weekend of December and there are only four weekends left in 2019 - what kind of wonderful plans does everyone have?

Image result for five on friday holiday

One. Amazon Find - I am a die-hard fan of Amazon and this week I received what may be one of the best purchases I've ever made from Amazon: a winter coat! It's from Amazon Essentials and the reviews were all largely positive... plus, two fellow bloggers have purchased the coat and raved about it, so since I needed a less bulky/more practical Winter coat - I made the plunge. 

 Image result for Amazon Essentials Women's Heavy-Weight Hooded Puffer Coat

It arrived on Monday and I am officially in love! The coat is fleece-lined, has a snow & water resistant zipper and a stretch cuff with a thumb hole that I am loving! It's lightweight but incredibly warm and I cannot say enough about how excellent this coat is! If you'd like one of your own, you can grab it here

Two. Weekend Things - It's the first weekend of December! I can't believe; I feel like this year has absolutely sped by and here we are with just a month (a little less) to go! I'll probably spend Friday night doing tidying up because on Saturday my Mom is having a tea at the house for some friends and I know they'll go all over the house looking at decorations... and of course, my new kitchen!

We are attending The Bethlehem Experience at my church on Saturday evening and I'm not sure what I might get up to on Sunday besides church... perhaps going to see the Mr. Rogers movie? I've heard only fabulous things about it and it's definitely on my list of things to see! 

Three. A Christmas Find - I always go into Home Goods with the intent to just peruse... or even just to purchase a certain item and that is never actually what happens! I met up with my Mom on my lunch break on Wednesday and we went over to Home Goods to look around... and of course, I found things.


I did get the desk calendar that I went intending to get but I also got the most fabulous plates for my table that match my new kitchen decor so perfectly that I couldn't possibly pass them up! Right?

Four. Worth A Laugh - You know I'm always going to share one or two things (at least) that have made me smile! A friend sent me the meme below about two weeks ago and it absolutely cracked me up... and then I got a cold the week of Thanksgiving and it wasn't quite as funny anymore. 


This other meme - it's painfully true. Most especially the part about trying to get out of the car with my seat belt on... I have to admit that I've done that more than once...or twice... I should probably be ashamed to admit how many times I've actually attempted that. Whoops!
So - that's the funny I've got for this week. Honestly, I could never share them all with you because between the things my friends and I share... and the things my sister and I share - so many memes.

Five. That'll Preach - Ooh boy, have y'all seen Frozen II yet? I have been listening to the soundtrack at work and the song Into the Unknown has been speaking to me on a spiritual level... no doubt about it. If you haven't heard the song, I've shared the version performed by Panic! at the Disco below for your listening pleasure...


You see - in the movie Elsa hears a voice beckoning her into the unknown but she's not really sure that's something she wants to do. What might she be losing if she chooses to follow that still small voice calling to her? I think that's how I am with the voice of the Lord sometimes (more often than not) - I like the safe and the comfortable and so I try to ignore that voice. When I hear this song, it reminds me that maybe I should just step into the unknown... have faith.

Oh yea... guess what, there's a sixth point this week because... well, my blog and my rules I guess! 


My office had our Christmas get together last night at a local restaurant which also happens to be a four diamond rated restaurant, called L'Auberge Provencale - it's French and the food is absolutely breathtaking. The whole experience was amazing! We each had the Four Course Menu - I started with Caramelized French Onion Soup, my second course was Pork Belly with a Crispy Farm Egg, my main course was Ayrshire Farms Chicken with Barley and the dessert was a Chocolate Crepe Wafer Cake - and to say it was divine - would be an understatement. 

The bottom left picture is some kind of savory shooter - it was Vanilla Parsnip with Pickled Cranberries and a small Cheddar Biscuit Bite - and it was fabulous! I also got a drink called the Fall from Grace; it was a gin drink and it was lovely!

*******************************************

So - there are the five on Friday and then some! I am looking forward to this first weekend in December and I hope you are too! Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment