About Me

My photo
A 30-something living in the foothills of the Virginia mountains; I'm saved by grace, addicted to coffee and my little sister is my best friend! I devote most of my time to exploring, reading, attending as many Nationals games as possible and documenting life here. My Prince Charming got lost somewhere along the way...but I'm trying to remain hopeful that true love exists.

Total Pageviews

Monday, May 8, 2017

Lately...


I realize it has only been since Friday that I blogged...but I find myself getting so behind and bogged down with all the things I haven't posted and I like to think of this space as a place I can chronicle all my adventures, goings and comings, ups and downs...

I love my blog and I love spending time on it - but recently my work life has gotten more hectic and there are days when I think about the things I want to blog about and it feels...draining! *gasp* If there is one thing I don't want my blog to be, it's draining. I honestly really enjoy "writing"; if that's even what you'd call this? Sassy journal-ling? I don't know...but I know I like to document it all here, through the highs and lows.

All this to say - you've arrived at what amounts to a massive photo dump from the last...week and a half. Enjoy! 

Image may contain: plant, flower, tree and outdoor
Flowers abloom in Williamsburg, VA
Image may contain: plant, flower, tree, sky, house, grass, outdoor and nature
Colonial Williamsburg
Image may contain: plant, flower, tree, outdoor and nature
Gorgeous blooms everywhere!
Let me jump in here and say that last Sunday (April 30) we were in Colonial Williamsburg in what was; most assuredly, an insane April heatwave. It was in the mid-90's and the humidity was akin to the weather I (thought) I left behind in Mississippi. I suppose I can't complain though; I always joke the other two times I have visited Colonial Williamsburg it has been pouring rain... The only thing pouring this time was the sweat off my brow. Sorry - is that gross?

Image may contain: plant, tree, flower, outdoor and nature
Greenery everywhere - in spite of the sweltering heat!
Image may contain: sky, cloud, plant, tree, grass, outdoor and nature
Gardens around every corner!
Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, people sitting and outdoor
Hoping for a breeze on our carriage ride through town...it worked; sort of...
Image may contain: sky, cloud and outdoor
The Governor's Palace - I honestly can "see" the heat rolling out of this picture!
Image may contain: one or more people, people standing, tree, sky and outdoor
Town troublemakers...
All the streets in Colonial Willamsburg had directional markers with arrows...and I couldn't help but notice that the symbol for West looked a lot like the symbol for something else... I don't think it's a coincidence that the Nationals won their game against the Mets (gag) on Sunday, April 30th 23-5. I mean - come on...

Image may contain: shoes and outdoor
Everyone in Williamsburg cheers for the Nationals - right? This means nothing else...
Image may contain: house, tree, plant, sky and outdoor
Little houses...all in a row...
Image may contain: sky, tree, grass, cloud, outdoor and nature
That's a long (hot) walk across the grass...
Image may contain: plant, tree, flower, sky, house, outdoor and nature
I'd say "when can I move in"...but it's probably haunted!
I mentioned elsewhere on the blog that my little sister was in town last week and on Tuesday afternoon, my Mom, my sister and I hopped on the Metro and headed for Nationals Park to catch a game. It's likely the only game Lindsey will get to see this season; she lives a little ways away out west and so we decided to seize the opportunity for some Nationals baseball.

Riding in style...sort of...
A Murphy - Scherzer combo; talk about deadly...ha-ha!
Such a gorgeous night for baseball!
En route to the game, wearing our Nationals gear!
Unfortunately the Nationals didn't best the Diamondbacks on Tuesday night - but then again; they were coming off an absolutely walloping of the Mets...and you can't win them all! I learned where the First Aid Station at Nationals Park was when I made a visit during the 6th inning to get Ibuprofen. The crazy weather and pollen have really been doing a number on my sinuses...and that translates to headaches! I also learned that you have to sign your life away for two measly Ibuprofen. Yikes!

So - this happened & it was good. It was SO VERY good.

My epic water bottle collection in the basement "gym"...ha-ha!
The work week last week (and so far, this week...eh...) was hectic and when I got home in the evenings, all I really cared about doing was getting in my exercise, having supper and being completely lazy! I don't know why, but last week really had me dragging my feet - I'm sure the late night return from the baseball game mid-week didn't help (in the sleep department) and by the time Thursday night rolled around, all I could think about was sleeping in and relishing every second of the three day weekend!

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. II with my Marvel movie bestie (and his Mom). 
I am Froot milkshake - it was delicious!
Friday night skies...
Saturday...well on Saturday I was unusually lazy. I laid around on the couch and binge-watched TV all morning! I finally got myself together and went out shopping for a couple things for my upcoming trip to Vegas, but I was more than content to be back at home, wearing my comfy clothes and watching Harry Potter movies all evening with my pup. So yea - Saturday was incredibly lazy - and I kind of loved it. Plus - it rained almost the entire day and the weather dipped back into chilly territory; no one really wants to do much more than be warm and cozy in that kind of weather!

Pupcake for One!
Acting like he's a gentleman - don't be fooled, he destroyed this cupcake!
Who doesn't love a good dressing room selfie?
Sunday I was a little less lazy - I did church, I got in my exercise and even did above and beyond by vigorously walking my little beast around the neighborhood - by the time we got back to the house, I couldn't feel my face! This crazy weather! I returned some things to Target, went to the movies and picked up delicious Panera soup(s) for supper - I love to do the Pick Two option and get two cups of soup, because I just love me some soup! 

I was in the bed by 9:30 on Sunday night - because sometimes I'm an old lady and sometimes I just want to read in bed. Either way, it was lovely to be curled up warm and toasty in bed and I cannot believe it's already Monday again! Whoosh!


No comments:

Post a Comment