Monday, May 8, 2017

Lately...


I realize it has only been since Friday that I blogged...but I find myself getting so behind and bogged down with all the things I haven't posted and I like to think of this space as a place I can chronicle all my adventures, goings and comings, ups and downs...

I love my blog and I love spending time on it - but recently my work life has gotten more hectic and there are days when I think about the things I want to blog about and it feels...draining! *gasp* If there is one thing I don't want my blog to be, it's draining. I honestly really enjoy "writing"; if that's even what you'd call this? Sassy journal-ling? I don't know...but I know I like to document it all here, through the highs and lows.

All this to say - you've arrived at what amounts to a massive photo dump from the last...week and a half. Enjoy! 

Image may contain: plant, flower, tree and outdoor
Flowers abloom in Williamsburg, VA
Image may contain: plant, flower, tree, sky, house, grass, outdoor and nature
Colonial Williamsburg
Image may contain: plant, flower, tree, outdoor and nature
Gorgeous blooms everywhere!
Let me jump in here and say that last Sunday (April 30) we were in Colonial Williamsburg in what was; most assuredly, an insane April heatwave. It was in the mid-90's and the humidity was akin to the weather I (thought) I left behind in Mississippi. I suppose I can't complain though; I always joke the other two times I have visited Colonial Williamsburg it has been pouring rain... The only thing pouring this time was the sweat off my brow. Sorry - is that gross?

Image may contain: plant, tree, flower, outdoor and nature
Greenery everywhere - in spite of the sweltering heat!
Image may contain: sky, cloud, plant, tree, grass, outdoor and nature
Gardens around every corner!
Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, people sitting and outdoor
Hoping for a breeze on our carriage ride through town...it worked; sort of...
Image may contain: sky, cloud and outdoor
The Governor's Palace - I honestly can "see" the heat rolling out of this picture!
Image may contain: one or more people, people standing, tree, sky and outdoor
Town troublemakers...
All the streets in Colonial Willamsburg had directional markers with arrows...and I couldn't help but notice that the symbol for West looked a lot like the symbol for something else... I don't think it's a coincidence that the Nationals won their game against the Mets (gag) on Sunday, April 30th 23-5. I mean - come on...

Image may contain: shoes and outdoor
Everyone in Williamsburg cheers for the Nationals - right? This means nothing else...
Image may contain: house, tree, plant, sky and outdoor
Little houses...all in a row...
Image may contain: sky, tree, grass, cloud, outdoor and nature
That's a long (hot) walk across the grass...
Image may contain: plant, tree, flower, sky, house, outdoor and nature
I'd say "when can I move in"...but it's probably haunted!
I mentioned elsewhere on the blog that my little sister was in town last week and on Tuesday afternoon, my Mom, my sister and I hopped on the Metro and headed for Nationals Park to catch a game. It's likely the only game Lindsey will get to see this season; she lives a little ways away out west and so we decided to seize the opportunity for some Nationals baseball.

Riding in style...sort of...
A Murphy - Scherzer combo; talk about deadly...ha-ha!
Such a gorgeous night for baseball!
En route to the game, wearing our Nationals gear!
Unfortunately the Nationals didn't best the Diamondbacks on Tuesday night - but then again; they were coming off an absolutely walloping of the Mets...and you can't win them all! I learned where the First Aid Station at Nationals Park was when I made a visit during the 6th inning to get Ibuprofen. The crazy weather and pollen have really been doing a number on my sinuses...and that translates to headaches! I also learned that you have to sign your life away for two measly Ibuprofen. Yikes!

So - this happened & it was good. It was SO VERY good.

My epic water bottle collection in the basement "gym"...ha-ha!
The work week last week (and so far, this week...eh...) was hectic and when I got home in the evenings, all I really cared about doing was getting in my exercise, having supper and being completely lazy! I don't know why, but last week really had me dragging my feet - I'm sure the late night return from the baseball game mid-week didn't help (in the sleep department) and by the time Thursday night rolled around, all I could think about was sleeping in and relishing every second of the three day weekend!

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. II with my Marvel movie bestie (and his Mom). 
I am Froot milkshake - it was delicious!
Friday night skies...
Saturday...well on Saturday I was unusually lazy. I laid around on the couch and binge-watched TV all morning! I finally got myself together and went out shopping for a couple things for my upcoming trip to Vegas, but I was more than content to be back at home, wearing my comfy clothes and watching Harry Potter movies all evening with my pup. So yea - Saturday was incredibly lazy - and I kind of loved it. Plus - it rained almost the entire day and the weather dipped back into chilly territory; no one really wants to do much more than be warm and cozy in that kind of weather!

Pupcake for One!
Acting like he's a gentleman - don't be fooled, he destroyed this cupcake!
Who doesn't love a good dressing room selfie?
Sunday I was a little less lazy - I did church, I got in my exercise and even did above and beyond by vigorously walking my little beast around the neighborhood - by the time we got back to the house, I couldn't feel my face! This crazy weather! I returned some things to Target, went to the movies and picked up delicious Panera soup(s) for supper - I love to do the Pick Two option and get two cups of soup, because I just love me some soup! 

I was in the bed by 9:30 on Sunday night - because sometimes I'm an old lady and sometimes I just want to read in bed. Either way, it was lovely to be curled up warm and toasty in bed and I cannot believe it's already Monday again! Whoosh!


No comments:

Post a Comment