Friday, April 15, 2016

Five on Friday


The weekend is (almost) here again! Can I get an amen? I'm looking forward to getting out of the office early to head into DC to see Jersey Boys this evening and then sleeping in tomorrow! I have no other plans than that and I'm completely thrilled about that. So, on to five things on my mind today...or this week...

THE GOOD LIFE BLOG

One. This Jacket - I know, I'm crazy. But let me tell you a little story. Last Saturday we were supposed to be going to a Nationals game (which was subsequently postponed due to weather) and my friend text me that she had a Nationals windbreaker that she didn't want and had been meaning to give to me - did I want it? After asking her about fifteen times if she was sure she didn't want it - I accepted.


And man, I'm in love! I was thinking it might be some flimsy little windbreaker - especially since it was a gift given to her office from a vendor - but it's lined, has pockets and is just crazy nice. Do you even need to ask if I've been wearing it daily? Ha-ha!




Two. Belk - Yes, they are having a HUGE sale right now and I met my Mom yesterday for "lunch" and we took advantage of the sale. The biggest steal (in my opinion) was that bras were buy one/get one free and I know all the ladies can testify that buying a bra can cripple your bank account, so thank goodness for that deal! I did grab two really cute dresses, a cardigan and a top, which I've pictured below. Of course, the Belk model is like...a size four. I'm not. Use your imagination. Ha!

Spense Printed Scuba Fit-and-Flare Dress Robbie Bee Textured Knit Two-Piece Popover Dresscrown & ivy™ Elephant Knit Fly Away Open JacketRed Camel® Solid Short Sleeve Crochet Top



Three. Harper hits 100 in Style - Are you kidding me? Just when I think Bryce Harper can't be anymore amazing at playing baseball, he goes and hits his 100th career home run...and doesn't just do it on the small scale, oh no...he goes GRAND. Harper hit a grand slam for his 100th home run; his first grand slam, if you can believe that. Talk about stepping up and showing off when it matters! I'm so glad this guy is a Nat!




Four. Fishdom - It's a game guys; from the app store, of course! My friend Danielle turned me on to this game about two weeks ago and I'm addicted! It's sort of like Candy Crush (which I was once a slave to...) but combines the puzzle swapping game with a fish tank. The more coins you earn, the more fish and decorations you buy. I know, sounds so goofy right? I love it though. So much! It's completely free in the app store...but beware, they will try to entice you to make in-app purchases! Just cut those things off and you should be good to go!



Five. Fitness - Oh me; this week has been a little stressful. On the work-out aspect of the whole fitness routine...I keep having a real issue when I walk! A couple weeks ago my feet went numb while I was walking, which definitely freaked me out - but it didn't last very long and I figured it was some fluke-y thing. Well on Tuesday, it happened again! It lasted a lot longer and actually became a little painful. It's really frustrating and I cannot figure out what might be causing it! So, if you have any suggestions on that front, be sure to share!

As I mentioned last week, I started Weight Watchers and I guess it's been going alright. It frustrates me and I guess that sounds absolutely silly but when I go over by even a point, I feel like I have blown the entire day. I shouldn't feel that way because I'm allotted something like 42 "extra" points to use throughout the week and so you simply pull from those points. However, I just get really down when I go over my daily point allotment. I know - I just need to get it together, right?


So - that's all for now. I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

1 comment: