About Me

My photo
A 30-something living in the foothills of the Virginia mountains; I'm saved by grace, addicted to coffee and my little sister is my best friend! I devote most of my time to exploring, reading, attending as many Nationals games as possible and documenting life here. My Prince Charming got lost somewhere along the way...but I'm trying to remain hopeful that true love exists.

Total Pageviews

Monday, March 23, 2015

I Published this without a Title...True Story...

Spring - something that Northern Virginia has flirted with all week. It really likes the idea of warmer weather, fluffy clouds and gentle breezes but can't decide if it's 100% ready to commit. However, 95% of the citizens of Northern Virginia are ready for it to make it long term and usher in sandal season. This week started off absolutely lovely and descended into a less lovely place all week long - well, the weather that is. The week itself was fairly lovely and left me with no complaints, ha-ha!

Gorgeous Spring skies on Monday afternoon.

The creek that christened where I work as Creekside... I wish it was closer to my office...

The weather for sitting on the porch in the afternoon & early evening is almost here again! 
The start of the week feels like such a blur! Monday night was the only night I had at home until Friday rolled around and I tried to make the most of it by enjoying some time sitting out on the deck with Watson on Friday evening - that little dog loves the deck - and just relaxing in general. This past week was my last "full week" at Hallmark; I will only be working one day this week and then I'll be done! I've settled into my job at CWM really well and I just decided working 50-55 hours a week wasn't really for me. Thankfully they were very understanding and so supportive of my decision - and I was so glad for that because on Tuesday and Thursday I left the house at 8 AM and didn't arrive back home till 10 PM and I didn't really relish doing that every week. Yikes! So, that's why Wednesday seemed to arrive almost out of nowhere - because Monday evening through Wednesday evening passed in a haze.

Oh my - yummy tea.

Wednesday morning - drinking all the coffee. All of it & then some more. 

Wednesday night fun - tasting an Oreo for the first time! 
When Thursday rolled around, I was starting to struggle for sure - I don't know about you but I need my sleep and I need it to be good and consistent. I also need down time and by the time Thursday arrived, I hadn't had much of that. I'd been going all day every day until I fell into my bed at the end of the day and I was straining for Friday. I was literally having pep talks with myself, ha-ha! Coffee certainly helped the struggle...but when does coffee not help, lets be honest? Hehehe.

Thursday morning sunrise - never quite as magnificent on camera as it is in person.

Please let this be a joke...
As I mentioned, this week started out as sandal weather and I was loving it - although I do need a pedicure... That's neither here nor there, I was wearing some sandals on Monday and even on Tuesday but then the temperature decided to start creeping toward the colder end of the scale - not good. No me gusta. By the time I left work place #1 (at least until Tuesday, March 24th...after that work place #1 will be work place THE ONLY ONE) to head to work place #2, we were under a Winter Weather Advisory for Friday. Rain that was most likely going to turn into 2-4 inches of snow...on the first day of Spring. Apparently that happens here a lot; snow on the first day of Spring. Funny, right?

So - this is amazing.

Happy First Day of Spring 2015!

My house vs. my office - they're 15 minutes apart...
I woke up on Friday to rain, which that's fine...April showers and whatnot (I know - it's not April yet). My co-worker text and asked how things were weather wise at my house and I let her know it was just raining. Her response? She sent me a picture of the 2-4 inches of snow at her house. I was blown away! I set out to work in the rain and after I'd gone about 5 miles up the road, it was like someone flipped a switch - there was snow everywhere! The ground was covered, the cars I passed were draped in it and it was swirling from the sky! I have to say that has been the most interesting drive I've had in a long while...probably since that really interesting drive where an 18-wheeler decided to fling me off the road. Ha-ha! Wait...what...

My Friday night was a Netflix marathon - Watson decided his Friday night would be a nap marathon...in my bed.

Saturday was gorgeous - 65 degrees & sunny! The weather; as mentioned, just can't make up it's mind.


Post cat encounter - still at the ready, should the little cat come back for round two.
I had all kinds of plans this weekend but somehow they all fell through - my Saturday afternoon and evening plans crashed early Saturday afternoon and so I used the sudden free hours to go to Old Navy and pick up a pair of jeans (and two cardigans and a new tank) and then stop by Country Treasure to grab a gift. Watson and I took a couple long walks around the neighborhood in the awesome sunshine and I began a New Girl marathon on Netflix. Yeah - my weekend turned into a Netflix marathon weekend. It had been the plan for Friday night but when my Sunday afternoon plans didn't materilize either, I did some more shopping at Target (all their shoes are buy one, get one 50% off this week - go, go and get some shoes!) and walked all over the place with Watson some more and watched even more New Girl. This post could have been much more thrilling but I basically was a bum this weekend - so, there's that.

Sunday night supper yumminess. Except the soup wasn't as good as I wanted it to be.

She is so serious & she was seriously not sure about that bow in her head.

Sunday afternoon nap!

I will never understand some of the weird ways he sits...he thinks he is human.
So - the week passed in a blur, the weekend passed even faster...isn't that always the case though? I can't believe April is almost here! I've been at my job almost a month and that seems even more unbelievable. Another good week in the books; not a great week but not a bad week either, life keeps rolling along and I'm enjoying the ride...so...on to the next!

2 comments:

  1. THANK YOU for giving me a reason to 1) GO TO TARGET (YES!!!!) and 2) BUY MORE SHOES. This makes my heart OH SO HAPPY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad I could help you out - what did you get? Maybe we got the same shoes...

    ReplyDelete