Thursday, February 12, 2015

Ham & Bacon Corn Chowder

Let me level with you - while the chicken may not have been perfection on the first try...this recipe here is something that I cannot proclaim over enough. It was delicious, from the first taste to the bite I had today warmed up as leftovers. I am a huge fan of soup/stew/chowder and this recipe certainly didn't disappoint! This is originally a Paula Deen recipe (and there is no butter y'all...amazing) so I felt like it was bound to be tasty - and I was right!

All the makings of some delicious chowda!

I'm pretty sure I would have been content to eat just this...

What You Need

- 6-8 pieces of bacon; cooked
- 1 package of Hormal small diced ham
- 4 medium red potatoes, cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 cans cream-style corn
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 cups half & half

Oh my yes - starting to look & smell heavenly...

Half & Half always makes things nicer, am I right?

What You'll Do

- In a medium stock pot add bacon, potatoes, oregano and onion. Cook over medium-low heat until the onions are translucent; about 7 minutes.

- Pour in the chicken stock, corn and ham. Bring this to a boil, reduce the heat to low and cover the pot. Simmer for 20 minutes, stirring frequently.

- In a small saucepan, warm the half & half but do NOT boil. Add the warm half & half just before serving.

- Garnish with chives, shredded cheddar cheese or whatever else you think would make this dish especially delicious! Enjoy!


The finished chowder - ready to be chowed down on.

I'll take all the bowls please.
I don't know what your weather is going to be like over the next few days but here in the Commonwealth of Virginia, it is going to be cold. I mean cold as in - COLD - the high on Sunday is 18! So it's perfect soup weather and this one kicked things off perfectly with it's warm, creamy and delicious taste! I hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment