About Me

My photo
A 30-something living in the foothills of the Virginia mountains; I'm saved by grace, addicted to coffee and my little sister is my best friend! I devote most of my time to exploring, reading, attending as many Nationals games as possible and documenting life here. My Prince Charming got lost somewhere along the way...but I'm trying to remain hopeful that true love exists.

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Brown Sugar Baked Garlic Chicken

So - this was a Pintrest try and while we (being my Mom and I) really enjoyed it, I think I already have an addendum to it that I think would really kick up the flavor a notch! I'll let you decide whether you want to cook it the original way or the kicked up way - and if you try the kicked up way, let me know what you think!

Not many ingredients in this one - simple, easy & delicious!
What You Need

- 4-6 chicken tenderloins/3-4 thin chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 4 tbsp. brown sugar
- salt & pepper to taste

What You'll Do

- Preheat the oven to 450. In a skillet, combine the olive oil, garlic powder and brown sugar to create a sauce/rub.

- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Apply the brown sugar and garlic mixture to the chicken; covering the chicken as liberally as possible.

- Cook for 25-30 minutes depending on the thickness of the chicken or until the juices run clear.

Chicken - before & after!
Now then - all this business about kicking things up a notch. The outside of the chicken had a lovely, tasty bit of crispiness and flavor...but it didn't really permeate too deep into the chicken. A thought that my Mom and I ruminated on as we ate - it just needed a little something more. My suggestion? Well, since I ate this with a little bit of barbecue sauce, that's what I'm thinking needs to be added. Also - up the ante on the garlic and the brown sugar! 

I think next time I whip this up, I'll mix my sauce/rub together ahead of time and add in a couple tablespoons of my favorite Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce and then put my chicken and my saucy concoction in a Ziploc bag to marinate for the day. I'll add a little sprinkle of salt, pepper and brown sugar on top before cooking to give it a nice crisp and I'm betting it will turn out absolutely delightful! 

No comments:

Post a Comment